Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About Brokerage Operations:
Brokerage Operations is critical to Convoy's success. The Brokerage Ops team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). Brokerage Ops is one of the teams that truly manages both sides of the marketplace at Convoy. We ensure that the freight we take is healthy for marketplace building and then make sure we find the best truck for the job as quickly as possible. We have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business. The team comprises people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We've had great people join us from logistics backgrounds, tech sales, NCAA coaching, military, operations, commodities trading, and plenty of others. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as outcome orientation, hustle, humility, and great communication.
You are eager to lead at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You know how to lead in a meritocratic team environment - always bringing out the best in your team. Hitting goals and leveling up your team, light you up! You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You are good at process improvement & negotiations. You can think strategically and can also roll up your sleeves. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Manage a local marketplace, balancing supply and demand at a lane & corridor level
- Prioritize, price and market shipments on a tight schedule
- Work directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Source, develop and manage expectations for Carriers
- Problem solve on the front lines of your marketplace for real-time shipments; coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal teams
- Identify trends in data and analyze the root causes in order to recommend product changes and/or process improvements
- Troubleshoot logistical issues, and execute on contingencies based on circumstances
- Support new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives
- Understand, track and communicate marketplace health
- Occasionally working outside your own marketplace
- Provide support and guidance to internal operations and sales team members
- Assist teammates with escalated issues; mentor and train new team members
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree (or 4+ years in the military)
- 3+ years of operations or client facing experience; preferably in transportation
- Great written and cross-functional communication skills
- The ability to self-motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Experience in Excel, SQL, or startup/tech is preferred
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!