LevelTen Energy’s mission is to accelerate the energy transition by facilitating frictionless transactions. As the leading provider of renewable transaction infrastructure, we deliver the cloud-based software, centralized supply, automated analytics, and transaction expertise required to power the renewable energy economy. The LevelTen Platform is the world’s largest online hub for renewable energy buyers, sellers, advisors, asset owners and financiers, and delivers the online tools and expertise they need to buy, sell and finance assets quickly.
LevelTen Energy is seeking an experienced power and renewables market analytics professional to spearhead the evaluation of European wholesale power markets, PPA offers, and renewable energy assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of LevelTen’s contract valuation and risk assessment methodologies, including solar, wind, storage, and potentially other technologies as they become relevant. Expert in collecting and analyzing raw source data and building financial and analytical models to inform price and risk forecasting. Relevant knowledge will span:
- Financial concepts — e.g., Contracts for differences, discounted cashflow analysis, value at risk, option pricing theory, sensitivity analysis.
- European wholesale energy markets — Deep understanding of factors affecting the marginal price of electricity across markets, including supply, demand, transmission/congestion, storage, gas prices, etc.
- Renewable energy technology — Expertise in understanding the factors impacting renewable energy capture/shape values, the factors impacting PPA price consideration, and market-specific factors that impact generator decision-making.
- Subject matter expert in the management and integration of data vendor packages.
- Collaborate across teams to resolve data and analytical queries.
- Assist in the creation of analytical modeling tools and products.
- Support the software team in buildout of automated analytics.
- Perform ad hoc scenario analyses as requested by customers.
- Direct interactions with customers, including corporate energy buyers and LTE advisor partners.
- 4-5 years of experience in European wholesale energy markets, renewable energy development, energy finance, or similar, with progressive experience managing complex product valuation and sensitivity analysis.
- Deep familiarity with European power market mechanics, price and hedging behavior, market participants, and grid planning.
- Experience supporting procurement and investment decision-making in PPAs is beneficial.
- Analytical skills, focusing on the efficient management of large data sets and the ability to deliver insights from them.
- Expertise in discounted cash flow modeling in Excel.
- Experience in Python, SQL, R, and/or Tableau is required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to message complex issues to a diverse audience.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or similar.
- Interest in data science and advanced statistical analysis.
This full-time position is preferably based in LevelTen Energy’s Madrid office, though other locations could be considered depending on circumstances.
About LevelTen Energy
LevelTen Energy is the leading provider of transaction infrastructure for the renewable energy economy. Our platform delivers buyers, sellers, advisors, and financiers the automation software, data management, and standardized contracts needed to facilitate faster, safer renewable energy transactions. LevelTen’s marketplace of renewable energy power purchase agreements is the world’s largest, with more than 4,000 offers spanning 21 countries in North America and Europe. LevelTen’s CFO-Ready Analytics automatically calculate more than a billion data points every day, providing our partners with leading-edge, real-time risk and value insights at modern market scale. Together, LevelTen and our partners share #OneGoal to accelerate the clean energy transition. Visit us at LevelTenEnergy.com to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LevelTen Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.