Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate-change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints.
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Head of Customer Success will be a part of the Customer Success team. The goals for Customer Success include setting the overall vision and strategic plan for the Customer Success organization, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals, expansions, and retention improvements.
- Develop and implement an overall Customer Success playbook by defining important metrics and behaviors that lead to product adoption, high engagement, ambassadorship, and expansion of product
- Constant alignment with the Product and Engineering team for delivering solutions that can be managed appropriately rather than setting unrealistic expectations to customers
- Create how to define, drive, and connect value (ROI) delivered to customers
- Find impactful ways for Customer Success teammates to deeply understand our customers’ objectives while finding solutions that the clients have not thought of via research, critical thinking, and problem-solving (Challenger mindset)
- Drive customer outcomes, product adoption and customer experience by leading the technical assessment as part of the sales process
- Influence future customer value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater engagement and impactful problem solving
- Address client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- Implement a clear strategy across the Customer Success organization that leads to clarity of ownership and roles to maximize impact of actions by teammates while distributing work that is manageable for great customer success
- Interface, coordinate, and manage horizontal multi-disciplinary teams (Technology, Product, Engineering, Environmental Solutions, and Sales) to define, develop, and deliver market leading customer centric solutions
- Triage appropriate expertise needed to address customer questions and needs
- Continuously learn and grow expertise in emissions detection technology + reporting and industry product offerings, understanding how to solutions and systems are effectively applied across the energy supply chain
- Partner with the VP of Environmental Solutions to meet clients environmental, health, social and governance goals, including net-zero
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and technical applications across a diverse range of stakeholders with various levels of subject matter knowledge
- Demonstrated successful experience leading a Customer Success division for a B2B SaaS company
- Proven history of success in driving customer adoption and engagement to drive retention, renewals, and expansions with a minimum ARR of 15M or higher
- Ability to confidently navigate technical understanding with a strong lens on product, software engineering, and sales
- Prior experience in an early-stage B2B SaaS highly preferred
- Knowledge of emissions data and/or sensing IoT devices preferred
- Competent in ESG goals for oil and gas, agriculture, waste, and utilities sectors helpful
- Strong grasp of change management principles and implementation for product adoption
- Bachelor's degree in a related business or technical related background, Master's degree preferred
- Alignment with the mission and vision of a PBC and B-Corp
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $130,000 - $175,000 annual base
- Stock options
- Variable Bonus tied to revenue growth
- World recognized work culture – ranked in top 5% of all B-Corps
- Flexible work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.