Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate-change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent, trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core.
The QA Engineer will be a part of the technology team reporting to the Software Development Manager. This individual is responsible for assisting in the testing and validation of Project Canary software solutions. A successful candidate will be creative, attentive to detail, willing and eager to learn new technologies, and not afraid to jump in anywhere and help push things forward.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, well-structured test plans and test cases
- Work closely with our engineering team to validate software releases prior to deployment
- Attend and participate in Scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning and retrospectives
- Document all new issues in Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of API’s and how to test them through tools like postman
- Ability to work at the office or a hybrid model (At least a few days in the office each week)
Education and experience:
- 3+ years of Software QA experience
- Experience or desire to work with large, complex systems with large amounts of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding from applied experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodology
- Knowledge of agile principles, value, best practices, and tools
- Vaccination required
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of GIS and embedded mapping software and the challenges they introduce
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and contribute to the development of automated testing procedures and systems
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $90,000- $130,000 annual base
- Stock options
- People-centric time-off policy and practice
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.