At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEW As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the conceptualization, initiation, development, evaluation and follow-through for new product development and improvements in line with Beyond Meat’s guiding principles. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the parameters of the product development time-line, budget and schedule are followed with attention to detail in execution.
- Manage product and packaging innovation projects through stage-gate development process, to include opportunity identification, concept development, product and packaging briefing, feasibility validation, commercial validation and launch support.
- Analyze market data, category trends and consumer insights to identify new product opportunities.
- Develop relevant product concepts, meaningful product positioning, and priority product claims for new products
- Collaborate closely with Sales teams to inform go-to-market plans for new and improved products for retailers and food service customers, to include sell-in materials, messaging and pricing.
- Support business case to determine financial viability through product pricing and cost management.
- Lead consumer quantitative validation aimed at gaining insights into innovation opportunities and new product development and optimization.
- Support the creation and validation of Beyond’s global product pipeline, prioritizing both short-term and long-term innovation priorities, that is rooted in consumer insights and business opportunity.
- Build strong, collaborative partnerships with cross functional team members, to include R&D, commercialization, operations, insights and creative, for seamless connection from ideation to launch
- Develop understanding of Beyond’s product development process, brand and product standards and packaging specifications.
- Be the advocate for food taste, quality and ingredient standards for all Beyond products throughout the stage gate process.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- BA/BS required
- 5+years working experience, with FMCG Food & Beverage product launch experience
- Innovation team experience is value added.
- Ability to work collaboratively with sales and R&D to accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills, to both internal and external audience