We are looking for an energetic and ambitious City Manager to build our Marseille operations and make it a huge success. Expect to join a fast-paced and supportive environment where opportunities are big and career development important. This is your chance to work with some amazing people while ensuring the world is a better place. You’ll be coached by and work closely with the French and European teams. The City Manager is a key player in the recently launched local team.
We are Zoomo, a Sydney-based tech platform providing smart Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs) and after-sales servicing for commercial and logistics customers. Our fleet is spread across the globe in Australia, the US, Europe and the UK, and we are continuing to expand! We are the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like Gorillas, Uber, Cajoo, DoorDash, Domino’s, Just Eat Takeaway, Getir, and many more.
Our best-in-class ebikes have now landed in France and our goal is to take the market and help our clients scale quickly and sustainably.
This role provides the opportunity to own a key part of the operation within a rapidly growing scale-up and carries a lot of responsibility. You will get hands-on experience building culture, processes, leading a team and operation, and achieving operational excellence. You will be trained by some of the best in the business!
Your main job is to make sure that the Marseille operations are successful. Most of your focus will be dedicated to the foundations of the most critical aspect of the business, Zoomo's fleet maintenance program and our customer’s satisfaction. This requires:
- Warehouse teams (mechanics, site managers, field technicians, etc) will report to you.
- Make Zoomo the best place to work and execute a mechanics hiring, training and retention program which can keep up with our rapid growth.
- Reacting quickly to critical repair situations as they arise and coordinating an appropriate response.
- Analysis of business inefficiencies and propose solutions to our leadership team.
- Working cross-functionally to analyze data and drive ad hoc initiatives to completion including working closely with Warehouse Managers to set and uphold quality standards across the business, using data to manage and optimize.
- Work with the Global Fleet team to develop and implement health, safety, security, and environmental strategy.
- Coordinating between field and warehouse operations to ensure bikes are moved and repaired in a synchronized manner.
- Timely and clear communication to customers, account managers, store supervisors and clients, around bike delivery.
- Tracking and ordering of spare parts & equipment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role and ideally with exposure with logistics or bikes.
- Self-starter: You know where to find information and to solve problems. You love building things your way.
- Team player: You are always keen to give a hand and prefer to work in a supportive environment where we give more value to team’s results than to individual performance.
- Adaptable to change: You are craving to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and you are comfortable working under pressure
- Analytical thinker: You are comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics, and engage meaningfully on the big picture or overall strategy
- Effective communication: You have excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Joyful: you are ready to smile and have fun with us, even if things go wrong. We care about and back each other up
- Passion: you believe in e-mobility, Zoomo’s mission, and our values
- At least intermediate French and English
Traits that we are looking for:
- Proactive and passionate self-starter with bias towards action and constant prioritization.
- Track record of “getting things done , Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Analytical - Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’
- Strategic thinker - Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes
- Adaptable fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and change methodologies
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
We move fast and score goals. We seek honest feedback. And we respect the individual. We’ve had explosive growth while building a cash generative business. We’re backed by top tier VC and highly respected angel investors. Now’s the time to join us on our journey to make 2-wheel electric vehicles accessible and affordable for everyone!
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Base circa. €34,000-40,000 (depending on experience) plus bonus and equity options.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model.
- Tech Allowance for buying your own device
- Free Zoomo bike
- Monthly Well-being Allowance
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.