Head of IT, 2022-01-25
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Head of IT to focus on defining, developing, refining, and supporting the core information technologies at AMP Robotics and a rapidly growing team. In this role, you will meet the demands of the daily business and be responsible for scaling IT to continue to meet business needs around network, security, privacy, infrastructure, systems, software applications, databases among others. You will be a highly collaborative business partner focused on building relationships across all departments. The Head of IT will be a focused, results-oriented leader capable of delivering across a number of initiatives all the while ensuring AMP’s security. This role will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
As our Head of IT, you will work to:
- Implement IT best practices and standards as well as develop, own and execute an information technology strategy and roadmap.
- Develop, own, and execute on a robust internal customer relationship plan to exceed internal client expectations in a rapid growing environment.
- Ongoing support of the commercial organization and other remote or field-based employees.
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive IT security, privacy, and risk management programs including establishing the appropriate policies, training and programs.
- Propose, manage, and execute against an annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls leveraging deep experience in SOX, GxP, Data Protection and other compliance driven requirements.
- Bring in additional resources as needed to support IT as we scale, fostering a culture of collaboration and support.
- Continually evaluate new technology trends and assess them for the needs of our business.
- Manage 3rd party IT and software Suppliers & Vendors.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Lead and build the IT Organization including recruiting, hiring, coaching, and developing staff across a range of experience and a range of IT functions/roles.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years in a technology-related leadership/executive position, including direct people management.
- Prior experience supporting IT during an organizational growth phase, transitioning from a small to a mid-sized company.
- Strong functional skill set and experience in information technology, with a demonstrated capability to lead teams spanning Applications Development, IT Support, Network Infrastructure, Cloud and Information Security.
- Well versed in technical support up to the highest level of escalation, tiers 1-4.
- Strong technical acumen, leadership, organizational planning, and project management skills.
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for manufacturing environments .
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and cross-functional collaboration/leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations.
- Proven experience delivering multiple complex projects with sometimes competing deadlines.
- Proven experience managing MSPs, outsourced IT groups, and 3rd party vendors.
- 7+ years of leadership experience within an information technology capacity.
- Prior experience growing and supporting the IT presence during rapid scaling phase.
- Demonstrated experience with security technologies.
- Experience owning a budget and setting up a roadmap/plan.
- Well versed in assessing needs for 3rd party software, deploying said software, and driving adoption of it through an organization.
- Industry experience in robotics, hardware, manufacturing, and/or high-tech.
- Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated professional experience with technologies relevant to:
- Servers (on-prem and cloud): Windows/Linux Servers, GCP, Azure
- Storage: SAN, NAS
- Firewalls and Security: Sophos, Cisco firewalls
- Network: Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti network topologies, high bandwidth fiber networks, site-to-site network design and security
- Software application support: Netsuite, Salesforce, Atlassian, GSuite, Solidworks, and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years within an information technology setting.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Colorado - Louisville, Broomfield, and Denver
- Travel across multiple office locations within the Denver-Boulder area.
- Occasional travel to out of state facilities.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $160,000 - $175,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.