Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes, America’s largest electric bike brand, is on a mission to get people onto bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone.
Our company is a driving force behind the e-bike market expansion in North America, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe. We are the first mover in the omnichannel retail space for personal mobility products and we continue to develop industry-leading, innovative e-bikes. Rad Power Bikes has grown to 700 employees today with 350,000+ customers, leading a global revolution in low carbon mobility.
We are looking for RADICAL people to join our global teams: Responsible, Approachable, Diverse, Innovative, Customer-Driven, Accountable, and always Learning.
This role will focus on assembling, tuning, and approving bikes for overall safety and quality as well as work cross-functionally with our Retail, Service and Returns departments.
If you like to problem solve, work with bikes, establish and improve processes, and want to help us build a world-class assembly department, we need you!
Weekend availability required as the schedule is subject to change.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 4+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Prior experience supervising mechanics and/or assemblers
- Friendly attitude and interest in working with ebikes
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment
- Trained and developed production staff regarding policies, procedures, and related job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Impeccable written and oral communication
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Trained in LEAN principles or The Toyota Way
Had you been with us last month, the top things you would have impacted are:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Partnered with our Service and Assembly Manager on developing goals & metrics for success for our assembly department
- Performed bicycle repairs, tuned & fit bikes for customers, and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped train junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in field service requests from local customers in partnership with our Commercial Sales Division
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
- Additional duties and overtime as required
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
Working at Rad is built around our RADICAL values - we are:
Responsible to our environment, community, partners, and team
Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
Recruitment Agencies: We partner with 3rd party recruitment resources as needed. If we require assistance on this search we will contact selected partners directly; we do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions.
At Rad Power Bikes we are committed to our RADICAL values and that means being responsible for the health and safety of our team, customers and community. Our current mask policy requires every Raddite to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. At this time, Rad Power BIkes does not require Covid-19 vaccination though we highly encourage it. Additionally, Rad Power Bikes has implemented a vaccination or test policy any time employees of 25+ gather for all hands, in person meetings, training and other company sponsored events. Rad Power Bikes reserves the right to change or update our Covid-19 policy and procedures at any time. If you are comfortable complying with our Covid-19 guidelines, please submit your application for consideration.