Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
Sofar is building the first full-stack ocean intelligence platform to help solve some of the world’s hardest problems, and contribute to a more sustainable future. From an operational perspective that means that we combine advances in technology with ocean and atmospheric science to create data services and SAAS products for our customers. We are growing rapidly on all fronts, which brings increased operational complexities and challenges. To help accelerate the growth of the company we want to add a Head of Marketing to our team, to provide creative marketing leadership to the team and partner with the CEO and VP of Sales to set, align, and execute on the strategic vision for the organization. We are looking for an experienced marketing leader who combines a passion for building exceptional companies, with the ability to operate in a fast-moving highly technical environment infused with ocean and atmosphere science. This role will be reporting directly to the CEO.
- Lead marketing at Sofar in order to drive demand and build massive, positive brand awareness.
- Deeply understand our customers to design and scale effective go-to-market strategies.
- Build a brand that inspires positive emotions with potential customers: enthusiasm, excitement, optimism, hopefulness, triumph.
- Build forecasts and projections that relate to the expected ROI on marketing campaigns, traffic and user acquisition, and other areas of marketing that require robust and rigid financial analysis
- Help craft and sustain KPIs that each functional area of the Marketing team needs to execute effectively within the context of the larger functional goals
- By facilitating, generating, organizing, planning, and seeing through to execution of all marketing ideas at Sofar, you will lead Sofar’s marketing strategy from every aspect
- Build, lead, and mentor a high-performing and multi-disciplinary marketing organization.
Leadership Qualities & Personal Attributes
- You build diverse, collaborative, and high-performing teams.
- Quickly grasp science and technology concepts, contextualize them, and communicate concisely.
- You run balanced strategies with both short and long-term investments.
- You embrace challenges, welcome feedback, and see effort as the path to mastery. Prioritization is a strength of yours.
- You have run a B2B marketing strategy to grow from $5M to $30M+ in annual revenue.
- You take a data-driven approach to defining, measuring, and managing funnel metrics.
- You understand customer behavior and develop targeted strategies.
- You are excited to dig in with engineers and scientists to understand what they’re building.
- Fast-thinking, collaborative and able to communicate clearly. Can talk through difficult issues with colleagues and make decisions based on evidence and argument, not ego or title.
- You take full accountability and take the initiative to find solutions. You operate with a sense of urgency.
- Can garner the trust of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team in your ability to lead the Marketing function for the long term
- Passion for the Ocean.
- Triple-threat experience marketing SaaS, data products, and hardware products
- Knowledge of Webflow, Hubspot, Shopify, and Google Analytics
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.