Axiom Cloud’s Operations team is dedicated to integrating, deploying, commissioning, and operating Axiom Cloud’s enterprise software. Axiom Cloud’s customers include several major North American grocery chains, and the company is on-track to deploy services at our 100th customer site in the coming months. The Operations team is growing rapidly, we are therefore seeking an Operations Engineer with integrations domain expertise, who can help build the foundation of a successful operations, integrations, and customer success team at Axiom.
What You’ll Do
As the Axiom Cloud scales up, we remain deeply focused on developing high-quality product features that deliver value for our customers. You will report directly to the Director of Operations and work together on the following strategic initiatives:
- Manage day-to-day technical operations that directly drive value for customers.
- Help build new building management system (BMS) and refrigeration controller integrations.
- Manage the configuration and deployment of Axiom Cloud IoT hardware kits.
- Manage our hardware configuration and R&D facility workspace located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Deploy hardware and software to customer sites.
- Overhaul operations workflows by developing processes, standard operating procedures, and/or software scripts.
- Conceptualize and document hardware configuration workflows that enable Axiom Cloud hardware to scale.
- Generate and maintain best practices for Axiom’s operations; design and implement new features to improve operations; expand operations to enterprise-scale capability and robustness.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve software/hardware challenges at the intersection of refrigeration, thermodynamics, energy and facilities management, and enterprise software.
Who You Are
(a general guide - we can bend these rules for an incredible candidate!)
- B.S. in any engineering, computer science, or similar discipline (and/or equivalent)
- 1+ years experience in a technical role.
- Located in or around the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Experience integrating with building management systems (BMS), HVAC, or other system controllers is a plus, and/or a willingness to learn is required.
- Mechatronics experience or interest in the intersection of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering.
- Technical knowledge regarding serial communication protocols (LonWorks, BACnet, Modbus RTU) is a plus, and/or a willingness to learn is required.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and has tenacity to persevere through complex situations.
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, industrial IoT, and energy storage.
- Aligned with Axiom Cloud’s guiding principles (you will be asked to provide examples of how you embody these principles during interviews).
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with both internal stakeholders and customers.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and/or HVAC systems or university-level thermodynamics.
- Service monitoring and incident management.
- Able to lift 20/50/80 pounds regularly.
- Able to work on low voltage electronics while practicing electrical safety best practices.
- Basic proficiency of an engineering or software programming language (MATLAB, Python, or similar).
- Interdisciplinary engineering prowess, able to relate various fields of engineering:
Nice to have skills/technologies:
- Proficiency with Python.
- Linux, bash, git, or otherwise working in a terminal environment.
- Exposure to IT networking.
- Exposure to serial communication protocols (LonWorks, BACnet, Modbus RTU).
- Exposure to industrial controllers, networks, and equipment.
- Exposure to data processing, modeling, and analytics (Grafana, Jupyter notebooks, etc.).
What You Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and equity.
- “Honor system” PTO policy (no specified limits), flexible work schedule, flexible maternity/paternity leave.
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours, barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume competition. (Note: we are currently generating a path forward for in-person activities.)
The Fine Print
- We’re a startup. The work is demanding, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
- On-call rotations required on a regular basis.
- Infrequent travel required.
Please note: This is a fully remote position but you must be based in the Bay area in order to visit facilities
Grid Flexibility, High-Efficiency Heat Pumps, Net Zero Buildings, Refrigerant Management