Axiom Cloud’s Operations team is dedicated to integrating, deploying, commissioning, and operating Axiom Cloud’s enterprise software. Axiom Cloud’s customers include several major North American grocery chains, and the company is on-track to deploy services at our 100th customer site in the coming months. The Operations team is growing rapidly, we are therefore seeking an Operations Engineer with refrigeration domain expertise, who can help build the foundation of a successful operations, integrations, and customer success team at Axiom.
What You’ll Do
As the Axiom Cloud scales up, we remain deeply focused on developing high-quality product features that deliver value for our customers. You will report directly to the Director of Operations and work on the following strategic initiatives:
- Utilize refrigeration domain expertise to further the development of Axiom’s predictive maintenance solution with a focus on anomaly detection and root cause analysis.
- Help with the design and implementation of data analytics and dashboards to monitor site health, performance, and operational KPIs.
- Manage day-to-day technical operations that directly drive value for customers.
- Generate and maintain best practices for Axiom’s operations; design and implement new features to improve operations; expand operations to enterprise-scale capability.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve software/hardware challenges at the intersection of refrigeration, thermodynamics, energy and facilities management, and enterprise software.
- Deploy hardware and software to customer sites.
- Leverage the skills of our unique and exceptional cross-functional staff to create innovative solutions to physical engineering challenges.
- Be the subject matter expert at Axiom on all things refrigeration; provide technical leadership to a growing Operations team.
Who You Are
(a general guide - we can bend these rules for an incredible candidate!)
- B.S. in any engineering, computer science, or similar discipline (and/or equivalent)
- Customer focused. Always thinking about how to better serve the customer.
- 1+ years experience in a technical role dealing with systems engineering or product engineering.
- Refrigeration domain expertise OR direct HVAC/refrigeration field experience and/or a willingness to learn very quickly is required.
- Interested in learning and operating a wide variety of software products, including dabbling in data analysis, and control using machine learning algorithms
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and has tenacity to persevere through complex situations.
- Passionate about technology innovation, product development, industrial IoT, and energy storage.
- Aligned with Axiom Cloud’s guiding principles (you will be asked to provide examples of how you embody these principles during interviews).
- Knowledge of commercial or industrial refrigeration and/or HVAC systems (preferred) or university-level thermodynamics.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration/HVAC control systems (Emerson, Parker Micro-Thermo, Danfoss etc.).
Service monitoring and incident management.
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with both internal stakeholders and customers.
- Basic proficiency of an engineering or software programming language (MATLAB, Python, or similar).
- Ability to analyze data streams.
- Interdisciplinary engineering prowess, able to relate various fields of engineering.
Nice to have skills/technologies:
- Basic Proficiency with Python.
- Basic Proficiency with Linux, bash, git, or otherwise working in a terminal environment.
- Exposure to data processing, modeling, and analytics (Grafana, Jupyter notebooks, excel).
What You Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and equity.
- “Honor system” PTO policy (no specified limits), flexible work schedule, flexible maternity/paternity leave.
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours, barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume competition. (Note: we are currently generating a path forward for in-person activities.)
The Fine Print
- We’re a startup. The work is demanding, but we’ll make every effort to find an arrangement that works.
- On-call rotations required on a regular basis.
- Infrequent travel required
Grid Flexibility, High-Efficiency Heat Pumps, Net Zero Buildings, Refrigerant Management