CleanChoice Energy seeks a Project Manager for its Renewable Energy Team with a proven track record of success in developing solar energy projects. The candidate will lead both greenfield site origination and development efforts for distributed generation solar projects. The candidate will be assuming responsibility for advancing a portfolio of existing community solar projects across New York while developing and implementing strategy to backfill and grow the project pipeline. This will include working with both internal and external resources including development partners to achieve objectives. The Project Manager will report to the Managing Director, Renewable Energy Development.
- Advance greenfield and acquisition development opportunities, meeting annual business plan targets on time and on budget.
- Conduct independent sites visits to assess project viability.
- Negotiate landowner agreements and conduct pre-development due diligence.
- Coordinate interconnection, environmental diligence, permitting and other project. development activities with external resources.
- Manage outreach campaigns and messaging.
- Represent CleanChoice at local, county and state level permitting meetings/public hearings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market conditions including policy, interconnection, permitting and competition.
- Prepare and manage project schedules communicating reasonable milestone dates.
- Prepare and manage project budgets including cash flows clearly communicating project spend profiles.
- Clearly communicate project funding requests, risk exposure and mitigation.
- Procure and manage consultants and vendors necessary to advance initiatives.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams such as Origination, FP&A, Marketing and Legal.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant filed (i.e., technical, business, science).
- 5+ years of relevant solar origination and development experience.
- Demonstrated achievements advancing projects from site identification through NTP and or COD.
- Experience supporting project and portfolio sales.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and effectively work within multi-disciplinary project teams, establishing sound relationships and work efficiently and courtesy with stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in geographically dispersed environments.
- Ability to mentor and manage supporting staff.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs. AutoCad, Sketchup and/or ArcGIS a plus.
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is a leading renewable energy company empowering residential and commercial customers to reduce emissions and support clean energy through 100 percent renewable electricity. CleanChoice’s mission is to make clean energy accessible for everybody. CleanChoice supplies only clean renewable energy to customers, operating in eight states and the District of Columbia, bringing cleaner air closer to home. The company is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Solar Access, recently passed $1.5 million in total corporate donations to environmental and social impact organizations and has been awarded the highest level of B Corp certification.
CleanChoice Energy is based in Washington DC; however, this is a remote position with a preference for the candidate to live within the state of New York. Travel up to 50% required.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills, incentive plan and a robust benefits package.