Our mission is the enablement of every organization and person with the technology to positively impact the health of planet Earth. Persefoni is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce their Enterprise Carbon Footprint. Our goal is to provide our customers unprecedented visibility and insights into the impact their organization has on the environment. Leveraging the latest breakthroughs in data science and software, our technology will empower teams and leaders to mobilize their organizations to continuously improve their greenhouse gas emissions metrics.
Our Core Values
We are committed to sustainable business practices across our entire operation and culture. We go beyond achieving balance. We are a net-positive contributor to the environment, our employee’s lives, and the global community.
We are focused on and passionate about tackling the biggest and hardest problems that will have the greatest impact. We create significant, not incremental, solutions.
We are always aligned in our goals and efforts to create the most impactful technologies possible. Constant cooperation across our company, customers, and partners is our standard mode of operating.
We value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. Ours is a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
About The Role (What you will get to do)
Our Climate Solutions Consultants are the climate subject matter experts at Persefoni with specific expertise working with corporations and/or financial institutions on their carbon and climate measurement and management.
In this role you will work alongside our Customer Success and product teams while directly interfacing with our customers. You’ll excel at identifying and understanding customer specific needs, scoping Persefoni solutions to connect customer business priorities with technical solutions, supporting the customer deployment journey, and closely partnering for future solution expansion with customers. Further, you’ll constantly be identifying trends in the market and providing guidance to our product and engineering teams to incorporate in the product roadmap.
This role is directly and/or jointly responsible for the development and success of:
- Value creation & solution-based problem solving with customers
- Maintaining key customer & market relationships
- Expertise and knowledge sharing in the frameworks of GHGP and/or PCAF
- Customer deployments & success programs
- Feedback to our product & engineering teams
- Interfacing with third party auditors and assurance providers on an as-needs basis
- Supporting industry partnerships & alliances
- Specializing in a specific function as defined below in the Role Specializations section
Sustainability consulting, or in-house sustainability management experience, is required.
Responsibilities (What we expect)
- Model the Persefoni Operating Principles in every process of the role.
- Foster a growth mindset, continually learning and expanding your understanding of our company’s vision, our customer’s needs, and the ever-evolving market landscape.
- Drive revenue growth and customer retention through activities such as leading customer meetings, scoping technical solutions, and supporting platform onboarding.
- Collaborate with various internal and external teams such as consulting partners, sales, product management, engineering, and customer success to deliver a unified customer experience.
- Be the Persefoni solutions expert to include demonstrating platform functionality, explaining carbon accounting and sustainability reporting frameworks, constantly evaluating product functionality for market fit, and advising the customer journey of end-to-end carbon and climate management strategies.
- Take a problem-solving and value creation approach with our partners and our customers to scope and deliver technical carbon and climate solutions.
- Be the technical experts across topics such as, but not limited to, Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHGP) accounting, and/or Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF).
- Share insights on sustainability reporting frameworks like TCFD, SASB and Science Based Targets (SBTi).
- Exceed customer expectations during platform onboarding and ongoing use by appropriately scoping Persefoni solutions to match customer needs and scoping new functionality for development prioritization where needed.
Role Specialization in Carbon Accounting:
Qualifications (What you bring to the role)
- You are the primary subject matter expert for all things related to carbon accounting and GHG inventory strategy.
- You advise organizations on which GHGP categories are material to their business and guide them through the various carbon accounting calculation methodologies that are applicable.
- You help organizations create specific strategies to continually identify applicable data sources, connect data to Persefoni, and understand the calculated outcomes in the platform.
- You are the primary interface with any of our customers audit & assurance providers to explain and verify Persefoni’s use and applicable of GHG accounting standards.
How You'll Know You’re on the Right Track
- At least four (4) years of sustainability solutions experience in a customer facing consulting or sustainability leadership role; education considered in addition to experience.
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution, MSc a plus.
- Certifications from standard setters like WRI, ISO, GHGP, SBTi, TCFD, VRF, etc.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to present and explain technical information to various customer stakeholders – To include Greenhouse Gas Protocol, carbon accounting, Sustainability disclosure and software as a service.
- Ability to work across multi-functional teams with competing priorities while still delivering key objectives within given time constraints.
- GHGP and/or PCAF, and SBTi expertise.
- Prior experience creating GHG inventories and working knowledge of creating specific GHG disclosures.
- Prior experience with audit and assurance engagements.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, and decision-making skills.
- Become a trusted source of technical knowledge both internally and externally.
- Drive a high quality customer experience which leads to retention and growth.
- Continuously identify product improvements and opportunities.
Full-time. Exempt/Non-Exempt. Remote. Salary based on experience and location.
Persefoni is an Equal Opportunity employer
- Generous PTO policy
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability, life insurance
- Equity incentive plan
One of our company Core Values is 'Equality' which emphasizes our commitment to value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. We proudly bring this to life by fostering a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
We strive for each of our team members to be able to show up for work every day as their genuine selves. Similar to the reverence given to Earth’s biodiversity, we recognize the vast potential that exists when all of the facets of diversity within our team are appreciated and illuminated. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices.
As you are considering us as a potential employer, it's important to ensure you are aware we currently have a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place for all U.S. employees.
The key tenets of our policy are:
- Fully remote employees, those who are not doing any travel and do not have any in-person interactions related to their work, are not required to be vaccinated.
- Employees who travel on behalf of Persefoni and/or have in-person interactions related to their work, are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, are required to inform us of whether they are fully vaccinated or not.
- We provide the opportunity for employees to request special exceptions to the policy for medical, religious, and other reasons