- Lead the growth of the Climatebase Fellowship program(s); a series of highly successful and impactful professional development programs for top talent working or transitioning into careers focused on climate.
- Build the Fellowship brand through values-aligned partnerships, alumni community, and innovating on the program offerings.
- As the Fellowship program expands, this role has room to rapidly evolve into higher level leadership position.
- This is a rare opportunity to get in at the ground floor of an early-stage, rapidly growing digital climate tech startup that's making a major impact.
We’re a rapidly growing startup focused on solving the #1 challenge faced by organizations working on climate: Hiring.
Our platform helps talented professionals discover climate job opportunities and transition into the space — and in doing so, we help climate-focused organizations hire the mission-driven talent they need to succeed.
Since our launch in July 2020, Climatebase has become the world's leading platform for climate jobs, talent, and community:
- 500,000 people have used Climatebase to discover and apply to over 35,000 jobs at over 3,000 climate tech companies and environmental nonprofits.
- We’ve developed one of the leading climate tech newsletters, Climatebase Weekly, which reaches 40,000 readers twice a week, with an average open rate above 50%. (If you’re familiar with newsletters, you’ll appreciate how impressive that is)
- We’ve recently launched our first-of-many cohort-based courses, the Climatebase Fellowship, with an inaugural 150-person cohort of top talent from over 2,500 applicants we received. The program acheived a high NPS (net promoter score). We’re now actively looking to scale this current program while also launching new, more specialized CBCs (cohort-based courses).
Read more about Climatebase here.
Following the success of our inaugural Climatebase Fellowship we are hiring an experienced program manager to lead expansion and innovation of the program; supporting our mission to mobilize talent for a climate-positive world.
This role reports directly to Evan Hynes, Co-Founder:
- You will work closely with Climatebase CEO and cofounder Evan Hynes to set strategy and vision for overall Fellowship program growth then own the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Evan and the founding team in support of Climatebase’s growth and success.
- Sustainably grow the Fellowship team and support system for long-term success
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all internal processes, iterate the tech stack, and ensure up-to-date documentation
- Invest in individual team member growth,, and make the right hires at the right time
- Prioritize and delegate tasks across full time, contract, and volunteer team members
- Oversee and ensure that our Fellowship instructors are producing high-quality content and that the format of the program remain high-quality as it scales.
- Scale the Fellowship program
- Increase enrollment and own and optimize the customer journey from lead to alumni
- Evaluate and execute on new values-aligned partnerships based on data-driven insights
- Ensure strong intersectional diversity of fellows through top and bottom of funnel efforts
- Develop the Fellowship Alumni community
- Provide on-going value and community building opportunities for fellows beyond the end of their initial cohort
- Guide strategy for activating alumni in support of program growth
- Secondary responsibilities:
- Jump into all aspects of the program as needed to support the team - from admissions interviews to speaker coordination to MC-ing events and more
- Lead new top of funnel initiatives for existing and future programs such as marketing campaigns and website updates
- Identify and recommend additional revenue opportunities serving the Climatebase community
Core metrics for success in this role:
- Grow the Fellowship program to $1M year revenue
- Maintain a high program NPS across all cohorts and for all customer segments
- Create and maintain an engaged alumni community that gives and receives ongoing value from Climatebase after completing the Fellowship
- Maintain low CAC through effective content marketing initiatives and tapping our alumni community to drive word of mouth growth.
Resources available to you will include:
- Admissions staff for bottom of funnel pipeline from marketing lead, to applicant, to enrollee, to active Fellow, to alumni member
- Community and Event staff for event logistics and online community for fellows and alums
- Engineering and design team for website and top of funnel initiatives
- Passionate alums eager to support the growth of the Fellowship program
- Budget to support sustainable program growth via tools and hiring
- Direct support from co-founder and founding team in setting and achieving program growth
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Deep alignment with Climatebase’s mission.
- One or more years of experience as a Program Manager, ideally in a startup-like environment — being able to learn quickly and be available to help other team members out in a pinch.
- Familiarity with full pipeline management from lead generation to closing deals. Bonus points for specific experience with admissions and enrollment in an educational setting.
- Prior experience using HubSpot, or the ability to quickly translate your experience from another CRM. Automation is your friend.
- A commitment to data-driven decision making and implementing testable hypotheses when data is insufficient.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent at working with multiple stakeholders and collaborators - from applicants to founders, investors, and other leaders in the climate action space.
- Nice to haves:
- You have a comprehensive understanding of climate change and the climate tech ecosystem
- You have a deep network in climate. You know climate founders, scientists, and investors — and they know you
- You have experience running online cohort-based-courses or similar programs (including in-person educational programs like coding bootcamps)
- You have experience in email marketing, creating drip campaigns, etc
- Climatebase is a fully remote team with core hours based around Pacific Time for meetings and day to day collaboration.
How to apply:
- Please apply to this job through our platform.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org — but do NOT email us with a seperate application.
- Include a short cover letter with your application.
We don't need a long essay — just enough to help us contextualize your work experience from your resume as it relates to why you'll be successful in this role if hired.
- In your cover letter, please answer these questions:
- You will scale the current fellowship to 10 cohorts in the next year. Describe the team you would need to do this and how you would go about building that team.
- You are not meeting the diversity targets for the incoming cohort. What strategy would you employ to remedy this?
- If the NPS for the last cohort was 20 points lower than previous cohorts, what would you do to understand and remedy this?
Thank you, and we look forward to reviewing your application!