Who is Optera?
We build software to help the world’s largest companies stop climate change. Our market-leading products provide companies with the tools and insight they need to reduce the environmental impacts of their businesses, supply chains, and products. We are backed by some of the most respected US-based venture capital firms and have a robust client list, including leading Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco, HPE, Williams-Sonoma, and Target.
What problem are we solving?
In short, Optera is the data solution to stop climate change. Major corporations are the largest source of carbon emissions. Across the globe, companies are responding to pressure to address climate change by setting goals to aggressively reduce emissions by 2050. Our software enables corporate teams to collect, manage, and analyze emissions data across their operations, supply chain, and products, all with the aim of achieving their goals and halting Climate Change.
Why work at Optera?
Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility, space, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
Why this opportunity?
Optera is growing faster than ever and we are rapidly expanding our market leading product and services. We are looking for a Product Manager to drive forward our product initiatives and strategies. Product management at Optera is a hands on and cross functional role. Join us on our journey to deliver the best sustainability management software in the world.
The role and responsibilities
- Collaborate with Leadership, Engineering, Design, and Sales and Service teams to drive forward our product roadmap and vision
- Own features and/or products from ideation to release
- Absorb and prioritize competing requests from multiple sources
- Establish clear user workflows and value propositions in a complex industry
- Work closely with Engineering and Design to ship features/products according to timelines
- Engage with customers, ensuring that our products meet and exceed their expectations
- Participate in and facilitate Agile process
- Build out lasting product processes to enable scalability
- Strategic thinker, capable of understanding the big picture and effectively communicating in concrete terms
- Comfort with translating ambiguity to concrete plans and an understanding of the potential effects of decisions in ambiguity
- Exceptional listener, communicator, and collaborator with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of how to breakdown business requirements into product features and tightly scoped projects
- Lover of brainstorming and problem solving with diverse perspectives (design, engineering, product, users, etc)
- Strong empathy for others, including users, design, engineering, etc, and ability to place oneself in another’s shoes
- Excitement for building solutions to help stop climate change
- Interest in developing the product culture of a growing software company
- Years of experience in B2B SaaS product management
- Experience in shipping features at scale
- Experience in maintaining a feedback cycle with customers
- Experience working cross functionally and across multiple levels of the organization
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with products that manage large datasets
- Knowledge of the ESG industry
- Previous experience at early stage startups
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Optera is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
- Unrestricted PTO flexible work schedule
- Every other Friday off
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave (8 weeks paid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home/office workstation
- Professional development budget
- 401k with 3% company match and ESG investment options
- Company-wide Bonus program
- Colorado Eco-pass (regional bus pass)
- Team happy hours, hikes/bike rides, and ping-pong
Location: Boulder, CO preferred; Remote (US or Canada) considered
Base Salary: $90,000 to $115,000 plus bonus
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Product Manager – [Your Name].”
Buildings & Cities, Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Climate Risk, Consumer Goods, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Materials & Manufacturing, Pollution & Waste Reduction, Transportation