Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me
! We are looking for an outstanding lawyer to join our fast-growing team as a General Counsel, DACH. You will advise on and manage a fascinating variety of legal and compliance issues across DACH the DACH region. You will serve as a strategic partner providing legal guidance to cross functional groups and teams -- from Operations and Government Relations to Product, Engineering, Finance, HR and Facilities.
What You'll Do
- Consult on all matters that affect the company in Germany but also more widely throughout DACH, with an eye towards how issues and the approach to their resolution can impact the company globally.
- Work effectively across business units, corporate functions and global cultures to resolve complex business and risk management issues especially for the German market but also in other EMEA markets.
- Monitor legislative and legal developments to anticipate required changes to business processes and help ensure that the company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in existing and new markets.
- Interface with external parties (e.g. regulators, consumer associations, local authorities, municipalities, law enforcement representatives and public officials).
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Government Relations and Operations teams and assist with the negotiation and conclusion of contractual arrangements such as memoranda of understanding with public authorities, governmental bodies and municipalities.
- Fluent in German with excellent written and oral English language skills. An additional European language would be an advantage.
- Qualified lawyer with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in a multinational in-house environment is a must with experience in private practice preferred. Startup experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in GDPR.Relevant experience and knowledge in: public procurement law and anti-competition law.
- Corporate law experience (e.g. corporate fundraisings, due diligence, acquisitions and corporate governance) whether in private practice or in an in-house environment would be preferred.
- Excellent judgment and adept at combining legal analysis with a close understanding of the relevant business priorities and company’s risk appetite to drive issues to a quick resolution that factor in many non-legal variables such as brand-risk, PR, government relations, insurance and other business concerns.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Strong collaborative leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to proactively build and maintain productive relationships with colleagues.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people. A competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity.
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements.
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits. Unlimited Lime Vehicle use.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.