Do you want to work for a company that cares about you as a person, not just a number? For a company that provides outstanding leadership? For a company that offers exceptional benefits? RER Solutions, Inc., could be your new home.
RER Solutions, Inc. is accepting resumes for Senior Credit Risk Associate to become a part of our superior workforce in Washington, DC. The Senior Credit Risk Associate will provide onsite and remote support to the Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office.
- Assist senior-level management on discrete project assignments with researching the required assessments of credit and project risks which are associated with high-value loans for innovative or commercially ready clean energy generation, manufacturing projects, and advanced technology vehicle and component manufacturing projects
- Collect research materials and review information to support risk assessment efforts, including financial statements, collateral and news reports, and other information
- Examine borrowers and guarantors of large-scale projects to determine warning signs of credit deterioration
- Participate in teams, addressing the technical, legal-economic, and financial feasible aspects of a transaction utilizing research to prepare background information required for the negotiation of loans
- Develop business correspondence, analytical reports, and give presentations to explain financial models
- Act as credit and financial analyst on the credit and risk management teams
- Evaluate credit and investment risks of loans, guarantees, and investment activities; identify, measure, and mitigate the risk of new transactions and make recommendations regarding deal structuring and financial intermediary-focused pricing
- Identify, formulate, and review financial and credit risk management policies and ensure that appropriate systems, procedures, and guidelines are in line with best practices
- Minimum of US Citizenship required to obtain client-issued Public Trust
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of project and corporate finance to evaluate the viability of a borrower
- Skill in the research of finance structure such as corporate, asset-based, or limited resource project finance transactions to make sound financial decisions and recommendations
- Ability to perform complex financial analyses and sound decisions
- Knowledge of the techniques and processes necessary to negotiate and underwrite borrowers and guarantors of large-scale projects effectively
- Knowledge of borrowers’ and lenders’ requirements for terms to loan and loan guarantees
- Familiarity with credit-enhancing mechanisms, risk mitigation, and treatment of collateral regarding credit
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk-related financial analysis, procedures, and systems in complex global financial services settings
- Ability to participate on a team addressing the technical, legal-economic, and financial feasibility aspects of high-value loans for large-scale projects
- Proven skills and working experience in credit risk assessment function in major industrial sectors with particular emphasis on financial intermediaries and project lending
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an understanding of fundamental business writing
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree
Includes paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, 401k matching, life insurance, health, vision, and dental benefits.
This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp or 3rd party sourcing.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.