At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team. You will be part of the Program Management Office function and you will be assigned to the Energy Storage and Power System (ESPS) Integrated Product Team (IPT). The ESPS IPT is in charge of developing and certifying the battery pack and power distribution system that will provide electrical power to our vertical take-off and landing aircraft. This system is of strategic importance to the aircraft program and is a key enabler for Urban Air Mobility.
Why we need you:
- At Wisk, Program Managers partner with IPT Leads to develop, certify and deliver products, and focus on ensuring the objectives of our business case are met. We need a Program Manager to own the tracking of the overall delivery of the program, scope management, program financials, as well as supplier selection and management. You will support the IPT Lead in developing a vision and roadmap for the product, and subsequently in planning and delivering technical solutions that support Wisk’s business goals. You will coordinate and communicate with all required functions & partners within and outside of Wisk to ensure program success. You will leverage Wisk’s hybrid approach, which leverages waterfall techniques for strategic planning and agile execution methods.
What you will do:
- You will be accountable for developing and executing an overall IPT strategy to meet business case objectives past entry into service to become a profitable business.
- You will ensure technical trade study proposals are supported by cost and manufacturability/maintainability constraints.
- You will be accountable for ensuring production profitability through alignment of labor, equipment, processes, materials, and budget.
- You will perform business case analyses to support any emerging or confirmed performance gaps which have cost and/or schedule impact.
- You will track Risks, Issues and Opportunities, develop mitigation plans, and assist with removing blockers and escalating issues.
- You will work with the Planning team to develop an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), aligning IPT staffing plan/profile with budgeted headcount, and ensure timely capture of progress.
- You will develop and maintain the detailed IPT budget breakdown, to include the annual operating budget (nonlabor), NRE (development costs to suppliers), and unit costs (including labor).
- You will be accountable for determining Sprint scope and for creating/prioritizing the backlog using Jira
- You will be accountable for performing Earned Value Management (EVM) analyses and driving RTG (Return-to-Green) plans for metrics which break cost and schedule performance thresholds.
- You will support reporting and communicating the health and status of your IPT at Program Management Reviews.
- You will manage changes to the baseline through the Change Control Board (CCB) to ensure cost and schedule impacts are recognized and approved, and you will coordinate with CCB change owners to ensure timely execution of change requests.
- You will be accountable for Request For Proposal (RFP) development, and you will work with engineering and supply chain to make recommendations to the Program Director for supplier selection considering technical and business constraints.
- You will negotiate supplier contracts, and enforce them by maintaining regular contact with suppliers, managing the design effort, conducting design reviews (as applicable), and coordinating exchange of information with suppliers. You will track the timely delivery of contract milestones.
- You will inspect and approve the IPT-level BOM and ensure the final IPT-level configuration meets documented system pedigree. You will ensure that changes to the baselined BOM are managed through the CCB.
- You will ensure that the security, maintenance, and services of work facilities are aligned with organization needs.
- You will capture lessons learned as you execute and and you will continuously be on the lookout for opportunities to improve our processes to support better predictability.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific, technical, or business field
- Over 5 years of specific Program Management experience in Aerospace and/or Automotive
- Well-rounded program management skills (cost and schedule management, EVM, risk and issue management, program performance metrics and reporting, etc…)
- Initial exposure to power distribution systems and/or electrical energy storage systems.
- Experience with all phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry into service, etc.
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively present data and recommendations to executives, peers, and team members
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and ability to effectively manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Working knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence, and G-suite
- Advanced degree in Aerospace Engineering, Operations Management, or an MBA
- Over 7 years of specifi Program Management experience in Aerospace and Automotive
- Experience developing, certifying, and manufacturing battery and power distribution systems for aerospace applications
- Proven record of taking teams from an R&D stage to the delivery of a product
- Experience developing strategic partnerships with suppliers
- Experience operating in a hybrid waterfall/agile environment
- Scrum certification (Scrum master and/or Product owner)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a broad set of skills and are never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.