Antora Energy is electrifying heavy industry with zero-carbon heat and power. We make it possible and profitable to fully rely on renewable energy for industrial processes.
Antora Energy's thermal energy storage soaks up excess solar and wind electricity and uses it to heat blocks of carbon so they glow like inside a toaster (but very bright!). This thermal energy is then delivered to customers as electricity or industrial process heat up to 1500°C, on demand. In short, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into 24/7 heat and power, cheaper than fossil fuels.
Our future hinges on heavy industry. Antora Energy’s technology eliminates the need to burn fossil fuels for industrial heat and power, the biggest source of greenhouse gasses on earth.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are a high-growth start-up backed by industry-leading investors in our category. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change.
Antora’s Head of Government Affairs* will develop and manage Antora’s policy, regulatory, and government relations strategy to ensure that we can rapidly deploy zero-carbon heat and power projects. This role will serve as the central hub for all of Antora’s government affairs efforts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all of Antora’s government affairs efforts.
- Develop and manage Antora’s government affairs strategy to ensure that we can rapidly deploy zero-carbon heat and power projects.
- Lead engagement with local and state PUCs/regulators, power producers, utilities, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of commercial projects, specifically in wind belt states.
Ensure that Antora is maximizing the value of key provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act, such as investment and production tax credits.
- Work with consultants etc. to steer the implementation of the IRA to maximize positive climate impacts.
- Work with tax specialists etc. to monetize tax credits and other provisions outlined in the IRA.
- Manage Antora’s external government affairs stakeholders and partners—including policy experts & advocates, consultants, advocacy groups, legal consultants, etc.—to effect change in areas outside your core expertise.
- Develop and execute a strategy to engage with congressional offices and government agencies to advance Antora’ priorities and ensure that policymakers and advocates understand Antora’s value in fighting climate change.
- Build and manage a network of key state and national policymakers, DOE staff, and advocates.
- Track and analyze proposed policy ideas, federal & state legislation, and regulatory & tax issues, assessing their impact on Antora.
- Provide thought leadership and help create content to communicate Antora’s mission and value proposition to government stakeholders and the broader public.
- Work closely with the Antora executive team and Board of Directors, communicating policy priorities, risks, and opportunities.
- Identify funding opportunities (focusing on pilot / demonstration / early commercial projects, across all non-dilutive funding types including grants, loans, loan guarantees, etc.) and support the proposal development process.
- 10+ years of experience working in policy, regulatory, and/or advocacy in the power or energy sectors.
- Proven success working with local PUCs/regulators, electric utilities, power producers, local governments, and other stakeholders in high-renewables-penetration states, specifically in the wind belt, e.g. Texas, Kansas, Dakotas.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage external consultants, lawyers, advocacy firms, etc. to develop and execute policy and regulatory strategy.
- Ability to write and speak exceptionally clearly on complex topics for a diverse audience of non-experts.
- Empathy, sensitivity, and ability to effectively interact with a broad and diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Proven success in steering and leveraging key federal policies, such as renewable tax credit programs.
- Experience with renewable energy project development (e.g. a thorough understanding of project finance, permitting, land ownership, PTC/ITC and other incentives, utility and regulator relationships, tariff structures, power purchase agreements, etc.)
- Experience in California (e.g. working with CEC, CAISO, etc.)
- This is a remote/flexible role. Intermittent travel (e.g. to the wind belt and DC) is expected.
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- A premium benefits package, including:
- 100% employer premium coverage for Anthem PPO Gold health plan
- Option for Anthem PPO Platinum health plan, with employer premium coverage up to Gold level
- Vision and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- 50% health insurance premium coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending account for health care and dependent care
- 401(K) plan
- Industry-leading paid time off policy, including flexible and inclusive holiday observance
- Additional volunteer time off
- Dedicated benefits manager to help employees navigate insurance and our broader benefits
- A flexible schedule and a work culture that is supportive of the differing constraints we all have on our time
- A team of kind, energetic, and passionate people that values and supports people from all different backgrounds
- Company-supported career development opportunities
- The opportunity to be a leader in a rapidly-growing organization
- A supportive, respectful, and creative environment
- The opportunity to work in an environment in which your everyday actions have the potential for enormous impact in clean energy and climate
About Antora Energy
Antora Energy is a rapidly-growing startup on a mission to decarbonize our energy system by commercializing a new class of ultra-low-cost energy storage. Antora's modular thermal battery technology is charged by electricity, and can discharge both electricity and process heat up to 1500°C. With costs 20x lower than existing storage products, Antora's thermal battery solution reduces customer energy costs while increasing resiliency and slashing total heat and electricity emissions. This breakthrough solution is uniquely positioned to provide zero-carbon heat and electricity at prices below fossil fuels, and ultimately enable deep decarbonization across both the industrial sector and the electric power sector.
Our team consists of leading technology experts and entrepreneurs with deep experience building and scaling new technologies for decarbonization. We are backed by the world’s leading venture capital firms, as well as the US Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, and California Energy Commission. Antora Energy was founded in 2018 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth.