At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!As a key member of the CMES team, you will be working with our Engineering and Business customers to provide daily support to customers.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Application Engineer - Level 1 support to join our CMES team. The goal of the Application Engineer at Wisk is to provide first level support for users of our Siemens suite of tools such as Teamcenter, Polarion, NX, Opcenter, Quality module and other applications that integrate with the Siemen suite of tools. In support of this goal, you will be part of the CMES team that has responsibility to ensure policies, processes and engineering systems support Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Production.
- Your goal is to make sure that our Siemens suite of tools (Teamcenter, NX, Polarion, Opcenter, etc.) are configured and maintained. You will also work with our Program Management, Core Engineering, Production, and Quality teams to understand their processes and needs, and be a customer advocate in team strategy discussions.
The successful candidate is:
- Experienced supporting lifecycle management tools such as Teamcenter, Polarion, Cameo, NX or Opcenter
- Answering helpdesk (Jira) tickets in relation to engineering systems such as Teamcenter, NX, Fibersim, Opcenter, and Polarion.
- One on one Teamcenter user support
- Document help guides using tools like confluence
- Lead training sessions
- Deliver daily support to customers via phone, remote access, and in person.
- Troubleshoot installation issues and connectivity issues and work with IT or development team to conclude them
- Experience with agile methodologies and experience working on Scrum teams
- Familiarity with software development practices, including software configuration management tools such as SVN and git
- Familiarity with system development practices, especially in regulated industries.
- Familiarity working in regulated industries (aerospace, medical, automotive, etc.) and with aerospace industry standards (ARP 4754, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, etc.)
- In this role, the candidate must be self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to resolve issues based on user experience.
What you will do:
- As part of the core engineering organization, and deployed in the configuration management and engineering systems team you will act as an application engineer for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- Have experience with one-on-one engineering application systems user support (Preferably Siemens tools sets like Teamcenter, NX)
- Manage daily help desk support tickets
- Work with IT to develop and deploy application packages for upgrades or new tools
- You will take part in supporting deployment, configuration and troubleshooting lifecycle management tools such as Teamcenter, Polarion, Cameo, NX or Opcenter software tools.
- You will support CMES during all engineering systems deployments
- You will help support problem solving activities such as verification and validation of requirements within the Siemens environment.
- You will help coordinate process development and engineering systems integration within the Siemens suite of tools
- You will take part in weekly scrum meetings, monthly deep dive meetings, and coordination meetings with engineering, manufacturing and other functional teams
What you have done:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant fields
- 6+ years of experience working in Polarion and Cameo environments with excellent understanding within the areas of requirements management and systems modeling.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and work within a highly regulated environment
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with excellent communication skills
- You are familiar with Teamcenter PLM environment
- You are familiar with aircraft or aerospace requirements development
- You have familiarity with ARP4754A and its application to aircraft development lifecycle
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.