At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Safety Data Engineer/Scientist to join our team. The goal of an Safety Data Engineer/Scientist at Wisk is to help to develop the data infrastructure necessary to support Wisk’s Safety Management System and Safety Investigation programs. You will be part of the Enterprise Safety team that ensures that safety is the top priority for Wisk as a Company and Wisk as a service.
Why we need you
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Safety Data Engineer/Scientist to join our Enterprise Safety team. The goal of the Safety Data Engineer/Scientist at Wisk is to develop data-driven insights and solutions to safety-specific topics that help to ensure the safety of Wisk’s products and services.
- To build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Enterprise Safety team that is responsible for developing Wisk’s Safety Management System and Accident Investigation platform. Your goal is to make sure that safety events can be distilled into actionable insights and derived into hazards that can be analyzed and applied to future engineering needs. Your mission is to develop the web applications and data infrastructure (including databases, pipelines, dashboards, etc.) needed to meet this goal and provide safety investigators with a consistent, intuitive format for cataloging investigations, hazards, and risks.
- The successful candidate is data-oriented, with a passion for aviation and a deep commitment to safety. A successful candidate understands that safety is something that you strive for and is willing to prioritize the safety of Wisk’s people, products, and services. Additionally, this individual is knowledgeable of data engineering principles, has experience with relational database systems (RDBMS), cloud architecture, ELT/ETL functions, and is comfortable with software development. In this role, the candidate must be hardworking, curious, and a skilled communicator who is able to tell stories with data and who has strong interpersonal skills to champion safety across the company.
What you will do:
- As part of the Enterprise Safety organization, you will act as a data engineer/scientist to support the develop of a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in developing the applications and infrastructure necessary to support Wisk’s Safety Management System
- You will support Lead Safety Data Scientist and may be applied to a wide range of projects, including Flight Data Monitoring, accident record investigation, probabilistic safety analyses, and more.
- You will help support safety event investigations led by Wisk’s Safety Investigators.
- You will help coordinate flight data analysis activities in conjunction with both Test and Flight Operations and Simulation functional groups.
- You will take part in the modeling of safety events and develop accident frameworks to support safety event mitigation strategies.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with teammates from Systems Engineering, Test and Flight Operations, Software, Autonomy, and will be exposed to a broad range of aircraft development and other engineering functions.
What you have done:
- Pursuing a degree program in a technical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.)
- You have worked on various software projects and are comfortable developing solutions with a team.
- You have hands-on experience with relational databases, cloud storage systems, an understanding of SQL and other relevant programming languages, and are familiar with basic data engineering concepts.
- You are comfortable with data visualization and can clearly convey information to a broad range of stakeholders.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex mathematics and Machine Learning algorithms, including their applications and limitations.
- You are able to work with Jira.
- You are able to work with ambiguity.
- You are able to work with cross-functional teams.
- You are familiar with Python, R, SWQL, or similar programming languages.
- You have experience with utilizing cloud storage, including Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift.
- You have experience with application development, UI/UX design, or hands-on experience with low-code solutions.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.