Climate change is the greatest threat humanity has ever faced; however, it poses an opportunity for innovation, collaboration and the evolution of industry practices. My experiences allow me to understand the need for effective thoughtful initiatives that are sensitive to others priorities, but principally combats the prevailing narrative that sustainability only happens at the cost of economic growth, which is crucial for the world to meet its carbon targets.
I believe I have the enthusiasm needed to make myself an effective team member. My current role means working and responding to frequent changes in Indian renewable legislation, analysing and thinking creatively about the impact of these changes and succinctly presenting this information to a wide audience. I have had to hone my ability to quickly identify credible sources of information while also seeking support from third parties when applicable.
My experience in carbon markets is evidence of my awareness and understanding of how policy effects industry and the public. I understand policy needs to combine the agendas of many stakeholders to create something that is impactful and principally allows individuals, corporations and governments to meet their goals.
Programme Manager, The Converging World (TCW)
Sep 2016 -
Programme Manager, The Converging World (TCW):
September 2016- Present
The Converging World is a UK based charity, which develops and operates wind turbines in South India. The profits are used to support 3 main objectives; Ecological Restoration, Global Citizenship and Access to Sustainable Affordable Energy, in India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accreditation Manager: For both CDM/CER and Gold Standard accreditation.
- Corporate Client Engagement: Engagement with the private sector and the public, proposal writing and staff engagement around carbon offsetting options.
- Partnership Management: Managing contracts and agreements with overseas partners.
- Monitoring and Reporting on Wind Assets: Data analyses of wind and turbine data to identify anomalies.
- Executive Admin: Reporting on assets, charitable programmes, taking minutes and creating agenda for the boards in the three UK companies.
- Fundraising: Identifying potential source for funding and submitting proposals.
Jan 2013 - Jan 2016
The University of the West of England
A-levels - Geography
Jan 2010 - Jan 2012
Thomas Hardye School
GCSE's - English language, Mathematics and IT
Jan 2007 - Jan 2010
Thomas Hardye School
Software Languages & Skills
Sectors of expertise
Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Technology
Sectors of Interest
Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Energy, Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Climate Adaptation, Climate Finance
Are you currently working in climate?
Are you interested in being involved in a Climatebase mentorship program? If so, how would you like to participate? (As a mentor VS as a mentee)
No, I am not interested
Would you like to join a Climatebase Slack community?
Where are you in your climate journey?
I am looking for a climate job
I am here to:
Get a job
Do you want your public profile to be hidden?