Areas of Expertise
• Strategic Planning • ESG Analysis • Performance Improvement
• Investment Management • Risk Assessment & Mitigation • Relationship Building
• Portfolio Auditing • Due Diligence/Business Analysis • Stakeholder Management
• Strategy Consulting • Programme Monitoring • Continuous Process
Working as a consultant for social Investors conducting due diligence, capacity building support for
its investee Microfinance Institutions.
• Integrating Health Training and Livelihoods for MFI partners of Impact Investor Dia Vikas
Pvt Ltd which included MFIs like Cashpor, ESAF and RGVN
• Impact Assessment of Sanitation Loans Given by MFI Grameen Koota in Maharashtra and Karnataka
• Capacity Building assignment for Growing Opportunity Finance in Tamil Nadu.
• Due Diligence of Various MFI partners of Dia Vikas including BWDA, RGVN, Samhita,
Adhikar and ESAF
Constructed livelihood supply chain to provide access to quality health products and services in poor
rural communities. Managed projects of Indian and International donors, government funded and projects under Corporate Social Responsibility alike to refine policies on larger scale. Constructed
impact assessments for external organisations. Supervised and directed team of 60 staff and 4500
community health facilitators and entrepreneurs as well as influenced over one million people with
responsibility for planning, tracking outcome indicators, and developing programme designs and tools. Implemented standard methodologies, provided training and guidance to new project managers.
• Formed ecosystem purporting access to quality healthcare at affordable cost and encourages
income generation opportunities for women in India and Indonesia.
• Designed savings and loan products for water/sanitation and health emergencies for MFIs.
• Developed a cadre of village women and school champions to spreading awareness on preventive
healthcare and last mile connectivity for access to health products and services in villages.
• Identified, planned, and drove initiatives across organisation to achieve strategic objectives.
Field Operations: Leading the entire process, people and systems of the field operations in 8 states of
India and Indonesia, leading a team of 60 staff and 4500 community health facilitators and entrepreneurs, impacting over a million people with responsibility for planning, tracking outcome
indicators, develop programme designs and tools.
Corporate Planning: Responsible to identify, plan and drive initiatives across the organisation for
achieving the stated strategic objectives and drives the Program management discipline as a Centre of Excellence through deployment of standard methodologies, providing guidance and coaching to new
project managers. Responsible for drawing up and oversee the long-range Plan of all Programmes for
achieving organisational goal of providing accessible and affordable healthcare for poorest of the poor.
Last Mile Logistics Management: Sourcing and distribution of health and hygiene products to the rural market through a cadre of trained women, which includes Products Management, Procurement and logistics Management.
At MicroSave worked on various assignments on qualitative research, capacity building and trainings on financial inclusion for programmes supported by Opportunity International, Bill and Melinda
Gates Foundation, Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, Cordaid, Water.org and GIZ among others in in India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Philippines and Sri Lanka.
Undertake various market research (mainly qualitative) and product development exercises for
various financial institutions in micro finance, digital finance, remittances, micro pensions and savings.
• Developing various Microfinance, SME / MSME loan, savings and remittance products for
• Develop risk management, internal audit and control systems for field and back office
• Monitoring and Evaluation for investments of various social investors
• Helping client organisations to develop strategic business plans
• Setting up and integrating social performance management within client organisations
including Banks and Micro Finance Institutions (MFI's)
Key Assignments completed
• Program Manager for Dia Vikas (Opportunity International, Australia): Delivered a series of workshops and technical assistance on strategic business planning, new product development,
risk management, internal audit and controls, institutional assessment and loan portfolio audit
for partner MFIs of Dia Vikas.
• Part of the social performance management team and have done social assessments for
various MFIs and Banks in India and Sri Lanka.
• Part of capital advisory team conducting due diligence and monitoring of MFI's for various
• Have undertaken value chain study for expanding the trade of cattle and small ruminants in Sierra Leone, West Africa and for pulses and other crops in Maharashtra, India.
• Conducted a feasibility study along with Frankfurt school of Finance and Management
exploring the possibility of introducing a Voucher scheme for promoting innovations in MSME sector in Tamil Nadu, India.
• Conducted feasibility study for introduction of Micro Savings and Micro Pensions for various
MFIs in India.
• Responsible for business development and relationship management in Western India.
• Product development for micro finance, remittances and rural credit for the bank across India.
• Responsible for starting up microfinance activities for bank and retail microfinance forays.
• Played a key role in launching of Business correspondents for the bank in Kerala state.
• Launched initial set of rural branches for the bank in state of Kerala.
• Liaison and networking with institutions and government bodies for business development.
Functioned as Head of Operations for the bank operating out of Freetown, Sierra Leone, West
Africa, including operations, customer service and foreign exchange
• Managing risk associated with Money Laundering and new account opening procedures.
• Liaison with central bank for setting up banking operations in Sierra Leone
• Successfully built, retained and managed relationships as per customer profiles.
• Development, implementation and monitoring of the overall branch operations and sales
• Had been part of erstwhile Times Bank before the merger of bank with HDFC bank