Hello there! I am Megan - a transactional attorney and former biologist with a focus in environment, water, and cannabis law in California. I am seeking a position with a fast paced, mission driven company with confident leadership and a good sense of humor. I have spent the last few years as ad hoc general counsel in finance, tech, and cannabis startups but would like to pivot to a team working to fight climate change.
If you see potential connections in my LinkedIn profile please reach out. I am happy to make introductions.
Legal entrepreneur focused on general counsel, compliance, and financial due diligence. Applies subject matter experience in funding, environment, land use, and water law to guide operators through the legal startup process. Uses skills in compliance and administrative defense to limit ongoing risk to businesses. Hard skills: research, advocacy, drafting, negotiation, execution
● Contract general counsel to technology startup including formation, advisory agreements, and licensing
● Contract general counsel to financial startup including formation documentation, led negotiations on venture capital funding
● Lead commercial contracting and compliance review for cannabis companies including leases, permit applications, water registrations, and LSAA notifications
● Developed and presented "Preparing for the Transition from Carrot to Stick", an educational proposal for handing legal enforcement in the cultivator community
Provided regulatory counsel and assessment of the nascent commercial cannabis industry in California. Subject matter expert in water, land use, environmental, and hazardous waste.
● 90% acceptance of local cannabis applications
● Achieved full permitting for retail and cultivation permits and licenses
● Execution of cannabis-related leases, operating agreements, business formations, and corporate conversions
Focused on environmental, hazardous waste, and water law. Provided critical business support on immediate timescales. Freelance supported in a wide-range of areas: litigation, contract law, employment law, environmental law, water law, and trust administration. Led academic exploration of environmental metrics for measuring impacts and risks of business.
Responsible for the negotiation and settlement of contracts for access, cost-sharing, indemnification, remediation and reimbursement as part of the Environmental Practice Group. Provided extensive client counseling relating to business and legal matters. Supported business positioning with regards to water law and corporate processes.
● Accelerated pace of contract execution while meeting client objectives for time and cost
● Directly managed team caseload for environmental claims and projects at company retail and marketing properties