- Product Leader: Over 20 years experience using data and customer insights to plan, build, test, and grow products for startups and enterprises, including Pivotal Labs clients, Intuit, and Wells Fargo.
- Change Agent: Coached dozens of teams and executives on Agile/Extreme Programming (XP), Lean Startup, and Design Thinking to build more valuable products more quickly. Co-founded a parents employee resource group to promote diversity & inclusion at Pivotal.
- Collaboration Facilitator: Foster healthy, effective, inclusive culture so my teams celebrate wins, address challenges, and do impactful work while preserving relationships.
Jan 2020 -
- Launched data pipeline that delivers COVID-19 test results more quickly and accurately to New York State's contact tracers. Built pandemic response software for four US states.
- As a first hire at this new incubator, led experimentation, prototyping, and evaluation of new products including a multiplayer online game, a voter engagement app, a technical recruiting service, and a website for remote team building.
PRODUCT LEADERSHIP CONSULTANT
Jan 2020 -
- Enabled the CEO and leadership team of an AI/ML startup to align on an outcome-based product roadmap so entire company could more quickly progress toward their most important goals.
- Coached new and aspiring product managers and entrepreneurs on how to maximize their chances of repeatable success.
PRINCIPAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Jan 2019 - Jan 2020
- Led first structured research with car buyers and dealers, to help two-sided marketplace startup get closer to product-market fit for a new business model. Prioritized top unmet needs and solutions to test.
- Engaged all 35 employees in brainstorming and established our first company vision statement.
PRINCIPAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Jan 2015 - Jan 2019
- Built a high-stakes application alongside USAF personnel I trained on Agile/XP and Lean Startup methods.Validated customer and military value of product with customers working in a classified environment.
- Helped EY (Ernst & Young) go from concept to successful multi-country rollout of new contractor hiring site GigNow.com while expanding product team from 6 to 20 people.
- Co-led product management for Mercedes connected car iPhone, Apple Watch, and Android apps to ship a
delightful product before an auto show. Helped client transition from waterfall to Agile practices.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Jan 2013 - Jan 2015
- Led lean product team running rapid experiments (over 40 tests in 2014) on two-sided marketplace of paid experts and customers, more quickly evaluating new product ideas and finding winners.
Jan 2011 - Jan 2013
- Coached 20+ Intuit teams in performing customer-centric product innovation with Lean Startup principles.
- Twice coached CEOs from World Economic Forum with on-the-street experiments. Contributed to Intuit's recognition as a premier innovative growth company using design thinking and rapid experimentation.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, SMALL BUSINESS
Jan 2012 - Jan 2013
- Led work of seven-person Agile development team. Created new product, the Intuit Health Benefits Marketplace. Released minimum viable product integrating Intuit payroll with two partners' products.
● Improved conversion rates and customer experience for Intuit Health Debit Card.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA, SMALL BUSINESS
Jan 2010 - Jan 2012
- Re-launched Intuit Small Business Blog. Increased monthly traffic 7x. Improved content quality, volume, and search engine optimization (SEO). Managed $250K/year budget. Proved break-even sales from blogging. Earned BtoB Magazine's award of "Best Corporate Blog" for Intuit in 2012.
- Received Intuit Channel Marketing Team (CMT) Leadership Award for leading 12 employee teams to produce social marketing videos that customers were twice as likely to watch vs. vendor-produced videos.
VICE PRESIDENT, SMALL BUSINESS CREDIT PRODUCTS AND MARKETING
Jan 2003 - Jan 2010
- Launched online banking features to improve experience for over 200,000 small business credit customers.
- Managed $1 million annual budget and two direct reports on direct mail and telemarketing campaigns. Exceeded goal of adding $1 billion in credit balances in one year.
PRINCIPAL, BUSINESS ANALYST
Jan 1995 - Jan 2000
American Management Systems
(Acquired By CGI), US and Netherlands
● Implemented more flexible billing system for 7 million customers of Dutch national phone carrier, KPN Telecom. Configured and tested system. Trained clients to maintain it.
● Managed 6 employees and 2 clients on product management and quality assurance teams while helping a startup DSL carrier implement new billing system on schedule.
Bachelor of Arts
Sep 1990 - Dec 1994
University of California
Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
Aug 2000 - Jan 2002
University of California, Berkeley
Sectors of Interest
Buildings & Cities, Energy, Transportation, Atmosphere, Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Carbon Removal Engineering, Climate Finance, Pollution & Waste Reduction, Technology, Entrepreneurship
Where are you in your climate journey?
I am looking for a climate job
I am here to:
Get a job, Learn more about climate change and solutions, Connect with others in the space
Do you want your public profile to be hidden?
Would you like to have the opportunity to be featured in Climatebase's weekly newsletters?