Responsible Engineer for 24 electro-mechanical valves and 51 RTD sensors aboard the LauncherOne rocket. Conducted
and generated development, production, and qualification test plans. Managed procedures, specifications, drawings, data
analysis, and final qualification reports. Led safety-critical valve tests validated by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Test Lead for development, qualification, and production testing of COVID-19 Virgin Orbit Ventilator. Scaled test setups,
sensors, software, DAQs to 100s of development and acceptance tests daily within 7 days. First units to customers within
31 days of project start. Coordinated team of 12 engineers and technicians across 24/7 production. Scaled production to
100+ units weekly within 45 days.
- Activated LabVIEW test stands for acceptance and qualification of LauncherOne systems, 1st and 2nd stage engine
- Led company digital calibration database for flight & test related vendor parts.
- Acceptance/Qualification Tests executed: thermal, flow, cryogenic, proof, vibration, static load, strain, build/de-build, life
- Components tested: actuators, valves, pressure transducers, thermocouples, resistance temperature detectors, load
cells, burst discs, harnessing, pumps, motors, tanks, LVDTs, strain gauges
Performed Test Conductor and Systems Engineer roles, executing tests and performing data analysis for the 5,000 lbf
Newton 4 and 73,500 lbf Newton 3 LOx/RP-1 pump-fed rocket engines at the Necker Test Site.
- Integrated and troubleshooted accelerometers, pressure, strain, position, and thermal sensors.
- Developed control GUIs for engine and Ground Support Equipment aligned with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Integrated and troubleshooted NI LabVIEW, data acquisition, and control systems.
- Generated test stand/article network and wiring schematics for all test sensors on both 1st and 2nd stage test stands.
- Installed Clear-Com radio, Visiplex PA communications systems across four test sites.
- Responsible for Linux / Windows servers and network supporting 500 end users.
- Standardized preventative maintenance procedures and IT architecture documentation.
- Supported programs included SVN, Trac, Windows Active Directory, LDAP, VPN, Backup Exec, Siemens NX, Teamcenter,
Femap, Dassault CATIA & SIMULIA, NI LabVIEW, DIAdem, Veristand, Axis cameras, and Milestone.
- Recruited and led a team responsible for supporting 1,000+ hosted or on-site Linux / Windows servers.
- Team supported VPNs, NATs, QOS, VLANs, BGP, firewalls, Cisco / SonicWALL routers & switches, Nagios, Apache, MySQL,
Sendmail / Postfix, web/mail records, PCI compliance, and SSL certifications.
- Developed network for cloud hosting industrial customers and a new international exchange carrier, IPTelX.
- Developed ground-breaking architecture that successfully increased digital communication between sensitive analog
interfaces from 46% to 99.3%.