Bilingual (English and Spanish) Agile certified practitioner (PMI-ACP) with 12+ years of experience in energy (wholesale, renewables) and FinTech. Progressive leadership roles helping startups scale and develop departments by recruiting and training key personnel, project managing the development and implementation of new systems and technologies. Expertise leading high performing agile teams thriving while working cross-departmentally in multicultural and diverse business environments.
Oversee all strategic initiatives at a tech-driven energy procurement and sustainability consulting company.
• Working cross-departmentally with engineering and sales to integrate renewables into company's automated RFP and reverse-auction procurement platform.
• Develop and maintain annual company strategic roadmap setting departmental goals, recruitment targets and sales targets (30% and 45% YOY revenue growth for 2019 and 2020 respectively).
• Led all aspects of transition to remote workplace in 2020 simultaneously decreasing OPEX by 25% while maintaining all employees on payroll.
• Selecting and implementing revenue technology stack and ensuring adoption by sales department.
• Establishing internal and outsourced marketing department focusing on multi-channel marketing, public relations (PR) and social media management, campaign management, and lead origination and pipeline nurturing.
•Project-managed the development of solar and wind PPA product-offering by creating the sales and RFP processes, creating the contractual framework and marketing materials, and forming relationships with renewables developers.
• Led contract negotiations with employees, external parties and stakeholders.
• Created dynamic reporting dashboards tracking departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) using Tableau.
• Project-managed development and expansion of proprietary energy RFP and analytics platform.
• Developed the workflow, data-architecture, and reporting dashboards of proprietary CRM system.
• Implemented Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and created standardized interview screening workflow.
• Collaborated with the President of Sales and created new lead qualification and consulting sales process for sales staff resulting in $2.5 million YOY revenue growth from 2018 to 2019 and a 90% client retention rate.
• Developed sales forecasts and allocated product-specific and departmental quarterly and annual budgets.
Hired as a consultant to implement new systems and processes at two energy procurement consulting firms.
• Restructured departments, employee responsibilities, and sales staff compensation models.
• Established company-wide hierarchy and communication processes.
• Updated and negotiated employee contracts and recruited key personnel, including c-level executives, procurement managers, and business development managers.
• Vetted and selected HR PEO provider and introduced new benefits for employees.
• Spearheaded marketing efforts to 2,000+ prospects using HubSpot sequences.
• Developed prospect and customer newsletters showcasing natural gas and power risk parameters.
• Designed customer and commission databases using HubSpot and Excel streamlining reporting.
Led trading teams at one of the largest commodity trading firms at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME).
• Traded multiple asset classes (Eurodollars, currencies, fixed income products, equities, energy commodities) at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) using market-taking and market-making strategies executing a daily average of $15 billion in nominal contracts.
• Worked with programmers to design and test trading algorithms and modify the user interface (UI) of a trading platform.
• Led a team of three traders with combined annual profits exceeding $1+ million.
• Stress-tested multiple portfolios to determine maximum P&L drawdown, risk metrics, investment strategies, and capital allocation.
• Ranked among most profitable traders during month-long internal competitions in 2012, 2013, and 2015, achieving 2nd, 2nd, and 7th place respectively out of 60+ traders.
• Performed statistical research using Excel and Bloomberg and distributed weekly company-wide reports.
• Advised senior traders pertaining arbitrage, long/short, market neutral, and event driven opportunities daily by
actively monitoring currencies, treasuries, equities, and commodities.
• Multi-tasked between managing senior trader portfolio of positions and executing trades overnight.
• Conducted analyses on world macro/industry-specific events resulting in strategy adjustments.
East Chicago, IN
Energy risk management analyst at the world's largest integrated steel manufacturing company.
• Risk managed a $300+ million natural gas and power portfolio using OTC products (swaps and forwards).
• Participated in task force of eight members that freed $54 million in working capital by reducing base metal inventories throughout all North American facilities.
• Developed financial models for energy related capital expenditures.
• Streamlined weekly commodity reports to management, showcasing risk parameters.
• Tracked and transacted renewable energy certificates (RECs).