Creative and people-oriented with extensive experience in customer relations, technical application of equipment, employee training, business development strategy, and software-based database creation. Reputation for exceptional work ethic, passion for helping the environment, and a detail-oriented approach for achieving financial success that is recognized by employers and co-workers alike.
A lighting design and special effects company providing premium equipment and services for concerts, weddings, nightclubs, and corporate events operating in all major venues in the Bay Area. Services include certified laser design and operation, permanent installation of video wall panels and outdoor LED architectural lighting, setup and operation of high-pressure CO2 cannons, nightclub and venue lighting design, and operation of arena-grade streamer cannons.
Assistant Director 2015 - 2019
Worked directly with CEO in all areas of business development, management, and implementation and operation of professional quality lighting, video, and special effects equipment.
• Successfully trained dozens of employees and independent contractors in the safe and effective operation and installation of high-pressure CO2 powered special effects equipment, LED video wall panels, high-powered lasers, and professional lighting equipment using extensive, established knowledge gained through broad application of this equipment resulting in hundreds of successful events and an increase in brand awareness, profits, and employee knowledge base.
• Doubled gross profit of the company every year since its creation by employing a complete understanding of the live entertainment industry, comprehensive knowledge of available equipment, safe and effective operation of professional-grade equipment, excellent customer service, best practices of vendors, and coordination of management strategies with the CEO.
• Worked with CEO to analyze existing production market and identified gaps in availability of customizable special effects services for larger corporations and musical acts looking for a way to stand out which resulted in a pivot from a concentration on lighting design and operation to a focus on providing rental and operation of special effects drastically increasing revenue and brand awareness.
• Met with CEO on a daily basis to review and revise business strategies including determining which type of clients to would be the most profitable and which equipment would provide the greatest return on investment allowing for a consistent rise in profits and scaling of the company
• Created best business practices for employee conduct and safety procedures which resulted in an increase in repeat business through better overall perception of the professionalism and competence of employees.
• Improved inventory management systems by using Microsoft Excel which led to a substantial reduction in the number of instances of lost equipment and failures to ensure arrival of proper equipment which resulted in improved customer satisfaction, an increase in profits, and lowering the need for extraneous inventory.
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1936, Gilbert, Kelly, Crowley & Jennett LLP is a California-based litigation firm with over 100 employees in offices all across the state. GKC&J litigates in all venues of California and practices in various areas such as appellate law, business litigation, casualty defense, cemetery and funeral home representation, class action defense, consumer discrimination defense, and environmental torts.
Electronic Data Coordinator 2010 - 2013
Worked on file analysis for active class action cases and initiated the transition to a paperless system of files and legal documents to assist attorneys in the more efficient location and transmission of important information.
• Established a database of depositions belonging to active files to compile a list of lawyers, hospitals, insurance companies, dates, defendants, plaintiffs, and locations for later reference that resulted in an increase in productivity and a reduction in time needed to find relevant information.
• Analyzed files on location for pertinent documents to assist the defense team in their case in a massive class action lawsuit significantly contributing to a favorable outcome for the client and the defense team.
• Created a searchable database of thousands of closed case files for later reference by using professional-grade scanning equipment and proprietary legal software ultimately leading to a measurable decrease in lost files and information.