I am an empathetic extrovert who loves to find patterns in data and share them with others. I have more than 5 years of experience working with data in a variety of roles and am motivated to apply my skills towards problems in sustainability, conservation, and other avenues for social good.
I am currently living in Whitefish, MT, finishing up my masters studies in Computer Science and teaching kids how to ski. Outside of work my interests include Earth, skiing, surfing, fantasy books, music, and economic equality.
Below is a highlight of my technical skills:
● Software / Languages: SQL, Python, R, Google Sheets/Excel, Java, MATLAB, Bash, Git, HTML
● Techniques: Exploratory Data Analysis, Visualization, Data Warehousing (ETL), Data Architecture Design, Machine Learning (Regression, KNN, Decision Trees, Neural networks, K-Means Clustering)
Aug 2019 - Aug 2020
Measured reliability of the YouTube platform (videos, network, and website) and found ways to improve it.
- Quantified user engagement loss from reliability issues on core YouTube experiences (e.g. Homepage, Search); implemented quasi-experimental matching to measure causal impact of issues; presented findings to executives and influenced resource investment for 2020
- Built classification model (logistic regression) to identify the network health of users; results are determining how much video to load for users with variable connection qualities
- Measured and uncovered user abandonment issues from abrupt loudness variations on YT Music
Lead Data Analyst
Jun 2017 - Aug 2019
Lead Data Analyst on a team of five. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities I helped mentor other analysts and played a big part in team project planning.
- Led re-architecture and standardization of data warehouse across multiple analytics teams; new warehouse experienced 26K queries from 709 users (over trailing 30 days)
- Designed and released parameterized testing environment for team's data pipelines; resulted in reduction of data pipeline failures and faster code deployment process (~7.5 team hours saved weekly)
Aug 2015 - Jun 2017
- Conceptualized, created, and maintained key performance metrics for Operations, Customer Support and Finance teams; communicated metric definitions and logic to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Supported key program to improve customer experience, leading to 6ppt increase in primary Customer
Experience metric; synthesized unstructured data and designed dashboards to visualize program activity
- Created and managed order forecasts for appropriately staffing store operations and vehicle deliveries
Actuarial Analyst Intern
Jun 2014 - Aug 2014
- Built auto rate level indication to analyze and adjust premium rates in Ohio
- Tested bootstrapping statistical method for calculating ultimate loss estimates and reserve variability
Aug 2013 - Dec 2013
Helped students understand and overcome broad range of programming challenges in MATLAB
M.S. in Computer Science
Aug 2017 - May 2021
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
B.A. in Applied Mathematics; Minor in Economics
Aug 2011 - May 2015
Buildings & Cities, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Land Use, Carbon Accounting & Offsetting, Climate Adaptation