Sustainability manager, consultant, and entrepreneur with 15+ years of professional experience in public and private environments, including 10+ years of project management. In-depth knowledge of water and solid waste management and recovery, zero waste initiative programming, and energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction strategies. Prowess in strategic thinking, innovative problem solving, and communicating complex topics to a wide range of stakeholders. Agile and compassionate communicator able to connect with people holding diverse views and perspectives. Passionate about equity and diversity. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven capacity to meet unique client needs, while successfully managing multiple projects. Outstanding attention to detail, ensuring on-time, on-budget, high-quality deliverables. Flexible, team player with ability to work autonomously with minimal structure.
Stakeholder Engagement • Research • Assessments • Quantitative Analysis • Budgets • Strategy Development Logistics Planning • Metrics • Implementation • Change Management • Measurement & Verification • Reporting • Public Speaking Program Development • Waste, Water, Electricity, Energy, & GHG Audits
Oct 2018 -
MAJOR, LINDSEY & AFRICA
- Support Managing Directors and Partners through executive search life cycle from pitch to placement.
- Create, update, and maintain weekly status reports for clients in preparation for status calls.
- Complete all billing aspects of each search, including expense reimbursements, client invoicing and tracking receivables.
- Draft contracts, position descriptions and marketing materials, such as new search announcements and placements.
- Conduct ad hoc research projects for administration and recruiters, including launching an inaugural podcast.
- Research and update Bullhorn database daily with search status notes, interview progress, and uploading documents.
- Planned an office-wide, all-day volunteer opportunity with Habitat for Humanity building a home in a LIH community.
Sustainability and STEM Instructor
Sep 2017 - May 2018
IRVINE RANCH OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTER
- Strategized regularly with team leaders on how to improve long-term success and efficiency in program areas.
- Conveyed complex scientific principles in an easy to understand lessons on the environment to students grades K-12.
- Developed curriculum for environmental education programs meeting California Next Generation Science Standards.
Founder, Sustainability Consultant
May 2014 - Sep 2017
EMERALD ADVISORS & CONSULTANTS, INC
- Served as Principal at sustainability management consulting firm that develops strategies to improve the economic, social, and environmental impacts of small- to medium-sized enterprises.
- Responsible for business development, market strategy, financial analysis, and talent retention.
- Established Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measures and improvement targets, and value generation initiatives.
- Spearheaded client engagement, reporting, and execution of all projects, including:
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions audits, GHG emissions modelling in Excel, data-driven recommendations to reduce clients’ carbon footprint, lighting audits, LED lighting retrofits, energy efficiency, solid waste management, responsible procurement, weatherization assessments, and ad hoc consulting domestically and internationally.
VP, Strategic Planning and Business Development
Sep 2016 - Mar 2017
JOHN KERRY ENERGY SOLUTIONS
- Strategized with President and CEO to create new project strategies and identify unexpected market opportunities.
- Conducted due diligence research on prospective clients for energy efficiency measures, including LED retrofits, lighting controls, building management systems, and infrastructure recommissioning.
- Represented JKES at industry meetings and networking events as an ambassador for the company’s value proposition.
- Evaluated prospective clients for renewable energy procurement and managed relationships with key influencers.
- Pitched energy service companies and energy supply companies (ESCOs) proposals for potential strategic partnerships.
- Screened potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
Teaching Associate, Managing Human Behavior in the Organization
Sep 2016 - Dec 2016
COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
THINK BEYOND PLASTIC, Program Manager
Aug 2014 - Aug 2015
- Headed annual Innovation Competition which supports social entrepreneurs with market solutions for plastic pollution.
- Evaluated over 75 project proposals, performed thorough background research, and provided individualized feedback.
- Responsible for relationship management and technical support to over 140 entrepreneurs from 25 different countries.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Water Systems Analysis
Jan 2014 - May 2014
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY EARTH INSTITUTE
Executive Projects Coordinator
Oct 2010 - Nov 2012
- Reported to the Managing Director, supported 6 members of the health team in 3 different offices on various projects.
- Cultivated service provider relationships to successfully negotiate and execute vendor contracts.
- Maintained Salesforce database information and generated daily, in-depth reports for team of 7.
Operations Manager & Project Manager
Dec 2008 - Sep 2010
- Reported to CFO initially, as project manager; then promoted to operations manager, reporting to CIO.
- Supervised facilities team of 7 and dining services team of 5.
- Designed and launched sustainability strategy to reduce paper and printing use, resulting in $200,000 annual savings.
- Reconciled over $6.4M in reimbursements of capital improvement expenses from building owner during HQ relocation.
Special Projects Coordinator, Legal Executive Search Team
Oct 2007 - Nov 2008
RUSSELL REYNOLDS ASSOCIATES
- Reported to the Managing Director, and assisted 3 recruiters in creating client pitch decks and PowerPoint presentations.
- Expedited communications to ensure accurate information on candidate profiles, search criteria, and interview feedback.
- Finalized entire project cycles of over 20 executive searches, heavy client management and frequent search changes.
Special Projects Coordinator, Litigation
Jun 2003 - May 2007
SEGAL MCCAMBRIDGE SINGER & MAHONEY
- Reported to 6 Senior Partners, and assisted 5 partners and 7 associates prepare and organize case materials for trial.
- Aided team of 6 paralegals to conduct quality control checks of database records and generate complex reports.
- Edited 100s of time-sensitive MS Word documents with short deadlines in fast-paced, high pressure settings.
May 2002 - Jun 2003
TEXAS HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
- Reported to State of Texas House of Representatives member Dan Ellis, and oversaw office management for team of 5.
- Facilitated written and verbal communications from over 450 county stakeholders, as well as with guest visitors.
- Logged and addressed constituent thoughts and concerns regarding upcoming legislation and local county matters.
Bachelor of Arts - History and Classical Civilization
The University of Texas at Austin
Master of Science - Sustainability Management
Software Languages & Skills
Sectors of Interest
Buildings & Cities, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Research & Education, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Land Use, Advocacy or Policy, Transportation
Are you interested in being involved in a Climatebase mentorship program? If so, how would you like to participate? (As a mentor VS as a mentee)
Yes, I am interested as a mentee
Where are you in your climate journey?
I am looking for a climate job
I am here to:
Get a job, Connect with others in the space, Find a mentor
Do you want your public profile to be hidden?
Would you like to have the opportunity to be featured in Climatebase's weekly newsletters?