Slowing climate change is my passion. Marketing and communicating are my talents. I lead and execute strategic multichannel campaigns that engage audiences and propel them to take action. Partner with clients and colleagues to gain product knowledge, market insights, and an understanding of what matters most to customers. Conceive campaigns and execute digital and traditional marketing tactics.
Strategic Marketing Planning
- Help define and evolve brands as needed
- Develop thorough go-to-market plans for achieving revenue and audience engagement goals
- Target audiences within Connecticut, across the U.S. and Canada, and/or internationally
- Identify opportunities by developing an understanding of buyers and influencers, market conditions, and
competitors' strengths and weaknesses
- Translate audience insights into product positioning, value proposition statements, and sales and marketing messaging
Account and Project Management
- Foster relationships with executives, product/service managers, project leaders, and sales representatives
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and in accord with brand standards
- Simultaneously manage and execute multiple campaigns in all lifecycle stages and in waterfall and agile
project management environments
- Identify and monitor metrics and KPIs to report progress toward goals and ongoing costs/expenditures
- Conduct post-campaign analysis and meetings to evaluate effectiveness and success
Digital and Print Campaign Marketing
- Conceive campaigns that drive awareness, interest, and action
- Write clear and compelling copy for websites, social media, emails, texts, e-newsletters, videos, print and online ads, brochures, flyers, sell sheets, infographics, and more
- Find words and images that inform and inspire by capturing the essence of a subject
- Team with graphic design, public relations, and video professionals to conceive and execute items
Interview subject matter experts to ghostwrite articles and white papers
- Team with fellow volunteers to understand issues and their impacts on CT and its residents
- Talk with community leaders to learn their perspective and ensure their voice is heard
- Meet with national and state legislators and their aides to advocate for effective changes
Recent Tech Tools
- Productivity: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Website CMS: WordPress, Episerver, Hearst Media
- Email & Social Media: Mailchimp, Informz, Distribion, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Project & Customer Management: Salesforce, Trello, Slack, Jira, JobNimbus
- Digital Editing+: Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Canva
- Monitoring and Analysis: Google Analytics
Apr 2020 -
EcoSmart Home Services
I'm currently helping a small residential solar and home energy efficiency company grow sales to help more homeowners throughout Connecticut save money while reducing their carbon footprint.
- Work with company owners, head of sales, and the sales team to:
o Clarify the company identity and benefits (functional, emotional, reason to believe, and more)
o Research competitors, including collecting samples of their proposals
o Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy tied to the customer journey
o Interview new customers to understand why they took action
- Website (ecosmartct.com): Relaunched their website by rewriting and expanding it to feature SEO-friendly content, including a Learning Center, a blog, and a Solar 101 e-book that help generate interest, build trust, and educate prospects.
- Marketing tactics: Use print and digital marketing tactics to generate qualified leads via tools such as email, Internet and Facebook advertising, geofencing, social media, and EDDM mailers.
Oct 2017 - Nov 2019
Global Research and Product Marketing
Simultaneously managed and executed 20+ campaigns in all lifecycle stages, including marshalling and coordinating work by graphic designers, public relations, and multimedia professionals.
Grew downloads of flagship research reports by 30% to 50% apiece through coordinated campaigns that used emails, social media posts, videos, cross promotions with other organizations, and ads, articles, and highlights in LIMRA's member magazine and newsletters.
Developed and executed a 12-month campaign for the successful launch of an industrywide fraud prevention service. Several key companies were under contract within 8 weeks of launch.
May 2010 - Oct 2017
Product and Global Event Marketing
Helped a new-product team achieve their aggressive revenue objective in just six months by leading them through a go-to-market process, helping them translate technical details into clear and compelling messaging, and providing them with sales support materials.
Received LIMRA's rarely given Al Sheridan Achievement Award for my contributions to the successful launch of an industry-standard training program.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Marketing
University of Connecticut
Master of Science in Management - Management
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute