Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
You will design, develop, optimize, and implement new food manufacturing processes that improve product quality, safety, and supply chain robustness. You will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Sourcing, Business Operations, and Manufacturing to develop and implement process improvements.
- Identify process improvements opportunities through process development or new unit operations.
- Develop and communicate process designs through the use of Process Flow Diagrams.
- Identify equipment and vendors to meet product and process requirements.
- Independently source and implement equipment at bench, pilot, and manufacturing scale.
- Evaluate scalability of piloting equipment and lead process development trials.
- Document and communicate results through reports and presentations.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Sourcing, and Manufacturing to develop a solution that meets all user requirements.
- Foster a collaborative learning environment and manage junior engineers.
- Travel up to 20% for FATs and plant trials.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
- Minimum of BS in an Engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in a food and/or beverage process manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Experience in process engineering and design including creating PFDs and P&IDs.
- Experience in scaling processes between bench, pilot, and manufacturing scales.
- Experience in leading projects from concept through validation: equipment specification, installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification.
- Experience in sanitary design, Sanitary 3-A, USDA, and FDA food processing as well as HACCP, OSHA, and other food production standards.
- Experience in shelf life extension, and continuous processing.
- Strong analytical and data driven problem-solving.