Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and mission-aligned Scientist to join the Sensory & Perception Team.
The primary responsibility for this role is to design perceptual tests to guide new product development. We are looking for people with a proven track record in research, product innovation and/or development. She/he will work cross-functionally as the sensory lead in creating and validating new products, guiding the team’s perceptual studies, designing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data. Overall, we want to find a someone who can collaborate, generate ideas, problem solve and drive projects forward.
- Be the lead perceptual scientist on research and product development projects that result in the creation of new delicious and nutritious plant-based meat products.
- Research and develop new testing methodologies.
- Design, conduct, analyze and interpret perceptual experiments.
- Proactively collaborate cross-functionally and manage multiple projects that adhere to fast timelines.
- Align day to day tasks with big picture goals.
- Provide mentorship and managerial guidance, as needed.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- MS/Ph.D. in Food Science, Biochemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or similar field.
- 3-5+ years of experience.
- Experience in statistical analyses, including data programming.
- Passion for creating new products that meet consumers needs.
- Strong, creative and collaborative problem solving.
- Self starter with the ability to thrive and adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to continuously challenge assumptions to seek innovative solutions.