Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and mission-aligned Validation Research Associate to join the Product Innovation Department - an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, engineers, and chefs. We are looking for a person with a background in research and has a passion for creating products to change the world. We want a creative problem solver, who has excellent record keeping skills, has an eye for details and enjoys working as part of a dynamic team.
- Develop and carry out SOPs for culinary validation assays for product end users.
- Design database friendly data sheets for fluid data collection, categorization, calculations and reporting results.
- Submit culinary validation reports and communicate with R&D teams for clear knowledge transfer of results.
- Support formula validations with testing and organized data collection.
- Document and communicate test findings effectively using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Prepare product samples for validation assays and sensory testing.
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with multiple research project teams.
- Improve and maintain lab kitchen equipment.
- Support complex and/or large scale product development projects within a team.
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
- Degree in Food Science and/or Culinary Arts with 2+ years of industry experience working in a professorial research setting.
- Confident knowledge of scientific process (identifying controls, noise in data, hypothesis development).
- Confident knowledge of data organization and design based on culinary SOPs.
- Agility using and documenting culinary techniques and recipes.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in fast-paced environment where accuracy is important.
- Self-motivated to make meaningful contributions in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of seasoning and food ingredients and their function.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude.
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations.
- Desire and willingness to taste samples.