Location: Any of our offices
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We’re SSE Energy Services. We’re part of OVO Group, a family of brands on a mission to drive progress towards zero carbon living.
We’re proud to supply energy to millions of homes in the UK. We even offer broadband, boiler and heating cover. Bringing life’s essentials to all corners of the country.
We’re here to keep the UK running, street by street, home by home. Doing our bit to make everyday life easier. Being here for people when they need us most. And making sure every home works brilliantly, no matter what it takes.
But bringing people exceptional service and clever ways to save money, isn’t easy. We need the brightest brains and the best kind of people to help us.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Get in touch!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working within OVO’s SSE Energy Solutions team, providing renewable and energy efficiency solutions to social and private sectors.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with all business units Sales, Commercial, Technical, Operations, Assurance and Finance) to successfully deliver a programme of work/projects to meet the requirements of internal and external customers which are aligned to the overall needs of the business.
- Develop, manage and own all costs associated to project particulars; this includes monthly business reporting, finance tracker updates, owning the Purchase Order process to ensure project margins are maintained.
- Understand, lead and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on a project(s) / contract(s).
- Work with the Procurement Officers to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
- Maximise business cashflow by ensuring that all project documents are accurate, invoices and payments are processed effectively and efficiently each month on time and in full.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the business and colleagues with the delivery of the strategic objectives
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all internal policies, procedures and audit requirements such as self audits or compliance reviews.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- An understanding of the energy efficiency sector and installation of energy efficiency measures
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects.
- Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
- Knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation.
- Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
- Detailed knowledge of UK Utilities Contracts Regulations.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions.
- Detailed knowledge of Company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!