CarbonChain is growing and we are looking for talented people to help us grow to the next level.
We’re a team of highly regarded engineers, consultants and economists who are trusted leaders within our fields, from guiding the growth of multi-country supply chains for Amazon Europe to developing and delivering multiple and bespoke scalable enterprise software solutions across various sectors including Sports and Leisure (English Football Association), Banking and Finance (Western Union, UBS),and providing specialist Consulting services to Oil & Gas and mining enterprises for BCG and Rio Tinto.
CarbonChain is searching for a Principal Shipping Carbon Emissions Analyst with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions modelling for mining assets and supply chains, who is passionate about driving measurable, technology driven change to tackle the climate crisis.
The Principal Shipping Carbon Emissions Analyst will lead the development of CarbonChain’s offering to customers in the maritime sector. Specifically, you would be responsible for
- Continuously improving CarbonChain’s methodology to model greenhouse gas emissions of shipping assets
- Expanding CarbonChain’s database of shipping asset-level emission factors
- Managing a robust quality assurance process for all shipping emission models and outputs
- Single-mindedly focusing on ensuring that CarbonChain’s shipping methodology reflects the latest scientific standards & industry developments
- Seeking accreditation of results by industry bodies and/or players
- Enhancing customer experience
Day to Day tasks:
- Model/Source best-in-class greenhouse gas emission factors of shipping assets
- Own production of internal and client facing shipping related outputs
- Develop materials to accelerate customer acquisition and education, as required
- Contribute to the overall success of the business, as required
- Master’s degree in marine or maritime engineering, ship science, supply chain economics, supply chain management and global logistics, or a closely related subject. A PhD would be an advantage.
- At least ten years of experience in shipping asset analysis and/or economics, preferably with on the ground field experience
- Proven experience in the collection and analysis of cost, price and fiscal data from shipping. Experience in the collection and analysis of greenhouse data would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving competencies.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple stakeholders including customers
- Ability to present coherent and convincing positions (both in writing and verbally) in the English language.
CarbonChain was born in 2019 with a mission to make supply chains green again. Our products offer quantitative and actionable solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the supply chains of the world’s most polluting industries — oil & gas, mining, metals, minerals and agriculture which is responsible for 50% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
CarbonChain was part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch and has secured backing from the UK government’s innovation arm, InnovateUK, the NatWest accelerator and the London Business School Incubator.