Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
Nexamp is seeking a Corporate Controller to join its team based in our Boston office. This position will report to the SVP, Accounting. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for internal and external financial reporting requirements of the Company. This individual will have the opportunity for future growth and development amongst a group of high achieving and fun professionals. We are seeking a driven, dedicated, and enthusiastic professional to join our dynamic team.
Responsible for managing the Corporate accounting operations including, but not limited to:
- Supervise and lead all aspects of the growth and professional development of multiple accounting team members through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
- Assist SVP of Accounting and the FP&A team in annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assist with strengthening of the financial operations, internal controls and reporting processes
- With the assistance of our software development team, lead ERP (NetSuite) upgrades and initiatives to enhance functionality of our ERP system
- Lead and coordinate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process and consolidation including budget to actual analysis
- Oversight and accountability for all aspects of accounting: revenue accounting, general accounting, inventory, accounts payable and the month end close process
- Direct, coordinate, maintain and control the company’s accounting and reporting in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS as well as with corporate policies and procedures
- Prepare, maintain, and report internal and external financial records, metrics and analysis for management and investors
- Coordinate with the Treasury team on treasury and cash management activities
- Collaborate with a newly hired Manager of Tax and assist with the quarterly and annual tax provision and annual the annual corporate tax return
- Oversee Accounts Payable team including annual 1099 filings
- Manage equity awards systems (Certent) and stock-based compensation
- Review and monitor all internal control practices including accuracy of system reports used for financial reporting and direct department policies and procedures
- Work closely with project accounting, community solar billing and asset management teams to improve processes and communication
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results oriented and operate well in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate should be prepared for increased responsibilities as they relate to the role in a rapidly growing company. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience
- MBA, MSA, CPA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience with technical accounting or publicly traded companies (10-K, 10-Q etc.) is a plus
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP (and IFRS is a plus)
- Demonstrated business operations oriented person with strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Self-motivated, diligent, detailed and deadline-oriented and ability to multitask
- Willing and able to adapt to a high energy, fast paced environment
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office and online yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.