The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits in the Smart Operations function within Smart Delivery. Reporting to the Smart Operations Lead, this is a unique opportunity to step into a Manager level role and be responsible for a range of Smart installation and maintenance activities.
That sounds super exciting but..do I have what it takes?
What will I be involved in:
- You’ll manage a team of around 25 agents across 2 Team Leaders
- You’ll focus on delivering and maximising a consistent level of performance across internal and industry measured KPIs related to your area. This extends to day to day management of all HR issues that may arise for the team.
- You’ll drive development, engagement and training needs within your area
- You will work closely with the SME Process Lead at how we integrate OVO Systems into BAU
- You’ll work closely with Field Operations to identify process improvements that will enable you to reduce cost, improve efficiency and performance in your team
- You’ll work collaboratively with all teams to ensure that Smart Operations are working in the most efficient and productive ways possible
- You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of process improvements and cost saving initiatives
- You’ll monitor changes and innovations in the wider Industry which can be used to benefit OVO Operations
- You’ll work to make sure SEC obligations meet the required standards
- You’ll develop future management capability and support individuals in the team to fulfill their potential
- You’ll be responsible for monitoring and managing team performance and implementing appropriate plans to ensure objectives are achieved
You will require experience which includes;
- Experience of working within an Operations area in the Energy sector
- Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of Smart metering and performance management
- Experience in process improvement
- A proven track record of being an experienced leader
- Thinking quickly on your feet and having to make decisions regularly on what to do next for the team/department
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!