The Dispatch Operations Lead’s primary responsibility will be to successfully prepare for and execute all activities associated with managing demand response dispatches. Demand response dispatches are business and time critical. The Dispatch Operations Lead will become an expert in executing dispatches across multiple grid operator and utility programs. We are a 24/7 team, and we are looking for part-time leads who can work dedicated weekend shifts. There are opportunities to pick up weekday shifts and join weekday team meetings, but significant weekday work is not required. The role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are a critical element to the success of the role; however, this role is remote, which means: no commute!
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid operators and utilities
- Maximize customer participation in DR through a dispatch management process that makes customer participation simple and successful
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches, leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared goal for flawless dispatches
- Identify opportunities to prepare and send customer readiness communications, such as dispatch forecast alerts and seasonal communications, coordinating with account managers and our Customer Success team
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch; track and follow through on any customer inquiries or issues
- Manage the collection of settlement data for customers
- Ensure our customer data is accurate, which includes contact information, curtailment plans, and special site instructions
- Ad hoc analysis projects
- Monitor for and ensure market compliance in offer-based programsThe spring and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and performance. Additional demand response dispatches occur throughout the year, but your collateral duties will be predominantly conducted in the fall and winter.
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please complete the application form to let us know you are interested!At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.
Building Automation Systems, Building Retrofitting, Distributed Energy Storage, Grid Flexibility, Net Zero Buildings, Smart Thermostats, Utility-Scale Energy Storage, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics