The CompanyVoltus connects distributed energy resources to electricity markets, ushering in the clean energy transition by delivering less expensive, more reliable, and more sustainable electricity, and more cash to our customers and partners. The TeamOur engineering team includes folks who have left Google, Tesla, and other history-making companies. Translating data into decisions is at the core of the Data initiative at Voltus. Your work will be central to our mission of building a better grid. Are you bright, gritty, and good? Come work with others like you.This is an opportunity to work with a data team using modern tools and techniques on large energy-usage datasets. We use Python, especially the Pydata ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Learn about the complex world of the electricity industry, and how we can make money by literally paying people to change how they use electricity.
- Analyze high volumes of electricity usage data
- Learn how this integrates with our business strategy
- Build technology that runs in production
- Majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- Currently a junior / rising senior
- Demonstrated programming experience from a previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Python experience
- Experience with databases, especially those using SQL
- If you have any of these skills / experiences, you will be set up to thrive with us
Building Automation Systems, Building Retrofitting, Distributed Energy Storage, Grid Flexibility, Net Zero Buildings, Smart Thermostats, Utility-Scale Energy Storage, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics