Our mission is the enablement of every organization and person with the technology to positively impact the health of planet Earth. Persefoni is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce their Enterprise Carbon Footprint. Our goal is to provide our customers unprecedented visibility and insights into the impact their organization has on the environment. Leveraging the latest breakthroughs in data science and software, our technology will empower teams and leaders to mobilize their organizations to continuously improve their greenhouse gas emissions metrics.
Our Core Values
We are committed to sustainable business practices across our entire operation and culture. We go beyond achieving balance. We are a net-positive contributor to the environment, our employee’s lives, and the global community.
We are focused on and passionate about tackling the biggest and hardest problems that will have the greatest impact. We create significant, not incremental, solutions.
We are always aligned in our goals and efforts to create the most impactful technologies possible. Constant cooperation across our company, customers, and partners is our standard mode of operating.
We value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. Ours is a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
About The Role (What you will get to do)
The Persefoni Solutions (Sales and Customer Success) team engages with organizations to enable them to calculate, manage, and report on their carbon footprint utilizing the Persefoni SaaS platform. As a key member of the team, the Account Director – Japan will be responsible for growing and retaining annual recurring revenue (ARR) through a combination of building relationships with prospective customers, selling and closing new platform subscriptions, successfully working with customers for platform onboarding, and retaining customers through excellent account management and renewal subscriptions in the Japan market. You are ultimately responsible for customer experience pre- and post-sale.
Responsibilities (What we expect)
Qualifications (What you bring to the role)
- Live the Persefoni Operating Principles in every function of the role and help build the foundation for Persefoni’s expansion in the Japan market
- End-to-end customer acquisition, account management, retention, expansion, and ongoing experience
- Work with the global solutions (sales and customer success) team to create a go to market strategy for the Japan market to include both direct sales as well as channel (such as service integrator partnerships) sales development
- Grow annual recurring revenue (ARR) and meet or exceed revenue quotas through pipeline development and new customer acquisition
- Lead customer facing activities to include prospecting, follow-up communication, presenting Persefoni solutions, strategizing on proposals, negotiating, and closing sales
- Collaborate with various Persefoni teams such as marketing, legal, product, solution directors, and customer success to deliver a unified customer experience
- Maintain an accurate CRM with information across the sales lifecycle to include past events and planned tasks, relevant customer details, and sales revenue forecasts
- Work closely with the Director, Product & Marketing – Japan to provide feedback and insights of customer priorities for platform feature consideration and in market materials needed
- Serve as the initial customer success lead until the function can be fully stood up in the Japan market and coordinate needed resources with the global customer success team
- Ensure that all required paperwork and documentation is properly organized, executed and stored to successfully book subscriptions and manage customer accounts
How You'll Know You’re on the Right Track
- At least seven (7) years of solutions sales and customer success management experience with a verifiable history of quota attainment and meeting customer expectations
- Expertise in positioning value based on customer needs with full sales cycle experience to include qualifying opportunities, developing, and presenting proposals, and closing the sale
- Ability to manage relationships internally and externally with individuals ranging from individual contributors to the C-suite
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution.
- You will be able to articulate how Persefoni incorporates carbon accounting standards and sustainability reporting frameworks in its solutions within your first 3 months
- You will be able to demonstrate the Persefoni platform and bring together the appropriate Persefoni resources in customer facing meetings within your first 3 months
- You will be proficient in using Persefoni systems and processes to appropriately track and report on relevant sales activities and customer information within your first 3 months
- You will create a go-to-market plan to achieve revenue quotas for the enterprise segment you are assigned to within your first 3 months
- You will have met at least two consecutive quarterly revenue quotas and created qualified pipeline that shows opportunity to meet the next four quarterly revenue targets by the end of your first year in role
Full-time. Exempt/Non-Exempt. Remote. Salary based on experience and location.
Persefoni is an Equal Opportunity employer
Generous PTO policy
401k with company match
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Disability, life insurance
Equity incentive plan
One of our company Core Values is 'Equality' which emphasizes our commitment to value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. We proudly bring this to life by fostering a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
We strive for each of our team members to be able to show up for work every day as their genuine selves. Similar to the reverence given to Earth’s biodiversity, we recognize the vast potential that exists when all of the facets of diversity within our team are appreciated and illuminated. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices.
As you are considering us as a potential employer, it's important to ensure you are aware we currently have a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place for all U.S. employees.
The key tenets of our policy are:
- Fully remote employees, those who are not doing any travel and do not have any in-person interactions related to their work, are not required to be vaccinated.
- Employees who travel on behalf of Persefoni and/or have in-person interactions related to their work, are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, are required to inform us of whether they are fully vaccinated or not.
- We provide the opportunity for employees to request special exceptions to the policy for medical, religious, and other reasons